Movie icon and mum of three Roberts teamed up with the 25 year old to shoot romantic comedy Larry Crowne last year and she admits she picked up some good tips from Gummer on how to keep her kids grounded.
She tells Vanity Fair, "Grace comes up and goes, 'Gosh, it's so sweet seeing all your kids on the set. It reminds me of when I was little, and I would go see my mum at work.' I asked, 'Were you happy?' Suddenly, I thought, here is a source of information.
"I said, 'How old were you when you realised your mom was Meryl Streep?' She said, 'I think I was probably nine when I put that all together.' I said, 'Were you cool with it?' She said, 'Yeah, it was fine. There was no trauma.' So that was hopeful."
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- Interview: Director Rebecca Miller Executes ‘Maggie’s Plan’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 26 May 2016, 7:07 AM, PDT)
- Meryl Streep Was Originally Going To Star In Pedro Almodóvar’s ‘Julieta’ (From The Playlist. 24 May 2016, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- 19 Things You Might Not Have Known About Thelma & Louise for the Film's 25th Birthday (From PEOPLE.com. 23 May 2016, 2:30 PM, PDT)
Julia Roberts (I)
- Aussie director snares Kate Winslet and Kate Moss for new feature (From IF.com.au. 30 May 2016, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- The Player (From Trailers from Hell. 30 May 2016, 5:08 PM, PDT)
- Money Monster review (From Den of Geek. 30 May 2016, 4:09 AM, PDT)
Larry Crowne (2011)
- 'Captain America' #1 Again as the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tops $10 Billion Worldwide (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 15 May 2016, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- From Pretty Woman to Cannes: Every Time Julia Roberts Famously Rocked the Barefoot Look (From PEOPLE.com. 13 May 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- [Review] A Hologram For The King (From The Film Stage. 25 April 2016, 9:14 AM, PDT)