The 84th Annual Academy Awards became a rightful homage to French cinema! "The Artist," distributed by The Weinstein company but the creative team is composed mostly of French folks, took home the big prize, the Best Picture award! "The Artist" won a total of 5 Oscars including Jean Dujardin for Best Actor, Michel Hazanavicius for Best Director, Best Costume Design, and Best Original Score.
But "Hugo" also won 5 Oscars, mostly technical and artistic merits, such as Best Art Direction, Cinematography, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, and Visual Effects.
"Hugo," of course, was itself an homage to George Melies, the French illusionist who gave us the trippy "A Trip to the Moon."
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Adam Bartley Joins Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney Film; Elaine Hendrix Cast In ‘Burying Yasmeen’ Indie (From Deadline. 19 September 2017, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Barry Jenkins On His James Baldwin Adaptation and Life After ‘Moonlight’ (From Indiewire. 19 September 2017, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- The Craziest Hollywood Movies of the 21st Century — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 18 September 2017, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Michael Wright to Step Down as Amblin Partners CEO (From The Wrap. 19 September 2017, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Amblin Shake-Up: Michael Wright Stepping Down as CEO (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 September 2017, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- Michael Wright Exiting Amblin Partners (From Deadline. 19 September 2017, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon Is A ‘Charlatan’ (From The Playlist. 19 September 2017, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon to Star in, Produce Quack Doctor Film 'Charlatan' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 September 2017, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Hln Picks Up Activist News Series ‘ASPIREist’ with Ben Affleck, Russell Brand (From The Wrap. 16 September 2017, 12:48 PM, PDT)