A living Hollywood legend is bouncing back from his troubles towards the Oscars, with an enhanced reputation for good taste
On Sunday, one man's name will be invoked in Oscar acceptance speeches even more frequently than mom, America and the Almighty. Or at least, one of his monikers will be. At last month's Golden Globes, Meryl Streep referred to him as "God"; Madonna as "the punisher". For Thomas Langmann, the French producer of The Artist, he was simply "le boss".
Harvey Weinstein's producer credit on films such as The Iron Lady, My Week with Marilyn, and W.E. has earned him his 303rd Oscar nomination. Surely it's only a matter of time before the academy fires up the foundry and remodels the award itself in his generous image.
Forget an honorary gong – and word is Weinstein wouldn't mind an Irving G Thalberg memorial award, handed out periodically by the academy »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsKevin Smith (I)
- Housebound, Blind win at Neuchâtel (From ScreenDaily. 12 July 2014, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 12 July 2014, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- 10 Biggest Movie And TV News This Week (July 12) (From Obsessed with Film. 12 July 2014, 2:29 AM, PDT)
- Justin Theroux Says Loving Jennifer Aniston Isn't "Difficult" & He Doesn't Hate The Paparazzi (From TooFab. 10 July 2014, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Watch: ‘Are you kidding me?’ Another supercut? (From SoundOnSight. 10 July 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Justin Theroux Reveals What Life Is Really Like With Jennifer Aniston (From Popsugar. 10 July 2014, 7:29 AM, PDT)
- OneReblublic Music Video for The Giver - "Ordinary Human" (From GeekTyrant. 12 July 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- 5 Brand New Songs for Your Weekend Playlist: Usher, OneRepublic and More (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 July 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Mike Nichols Will Direct Meryl Streep in HBO's 'Master Class' (From MovieWeb. 11 July 2014, 11:37 AM, PDT)