Aside from the original Bad Lieutenant and possibly the Christopher Walken-starring The Funeral, director Abel Ferrara has been able to make his independent dramas despite little recognition from audiences. His latest is another in a wave of films dealing with the end-of-the-world theme (see Melancholia and the upcoming Seeking a Friend, as well doom-filled dramas like Take Shelter).
Titled 4:44 Last Day on Earth, I’ve actually heard nothing but bad things about this one on the festival circuit for the film that stars Willem Dafoe and Shanyn Leigh as a couple in NYC who are preparing for the apocalypse. Dafoe is at least always interesting to watch, but I’ve never liked Ferrara’s style so I’ll likely skip this one. Check out the trailer below via IMDb for the film also starring Paz de la Huerta.
How would we spend our final hours on Earth? »
- email@example.com (thefilmstage.com)
Similar News ItemsWillem Dafoe
- The Return Of Xander Cage is 2017’s First Essential Film (From FilmSchoolRejects. 18 January 2017, 8:29 AM, PST)
- Ben Affleck learned a “tremendous amount” working on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 18 January 2017, 4:35 AM, PST)
- Thn’S 2017 Comic Book Movie Preview (From The Hollywood News. 17 January 2017, 12:49 AM, PST)
- Here’s Why ‘The Jungle Book’ Deserves More Oscar Respect (From Indiewire. 13 January 2017, 8:26 AM, PST)
- Oscar Sound Contenders: How ‘Rogue One,’ ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ and ‘Allied’ Created War and Terror (From Indiewire. 12 January 2017, 2:53 PM, PST)
- 30 Nominations (and Counting!): A Look Back at Meryl Streep’s Record-Setting Golden Globes Run (From PEOPLE.com. 6 January 2017, 11:59 AM, PST)
Take Shelter (2011)
- Through the Lens… Adam Stone on Loving (From AwardsDaily. 8 January 2017, 4:39 PM, PST)
- Jeff Nichols’ ‘Loving’ Brings a Human Touch to Social Issue Dramas (From Variety - Film News. 3 January 2017, 12:58 PM, PST)
- Loving Comes To Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on February 7 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 3 January 2017, 12:21 PM, PST)