Amir Bar-Lev's ("The Tillman Story") latest documentary, "Re:Generation," is a limited engagement you don't want to miss. His behind-the-scenes approach delves deep into the creative processes of five DJ-producers as they collaborate with dozens of artists and musicians renowned the world over to produce "new" electronic music from five different genres.
The project, which initially began as a music platform for the launch of a new sports car from Hyundai, evolved into something more culturally relevant when the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (aka the Grammys) cosigned and enlisted DJ Premier, The Crystal Method, Pretty Lights, Mark Ronson and Skrillex to reimagine a specific genre of music (not of their own choosing) to create somewhat original tracks.
"Re:Generation" is more about the means to an end than the end itself, since technology has heavily influenced how these DJs and producers operate. Bar-Lev's film vividly illustrates that the »
- Sherman Johnson
Similar News ItemsErykah Badu
- Erykah Badu Will Return to Host This Year’s Soul Train Awards (From PEOPLE.com. 12 October 2016, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Erykah Badu Will Return to Host the 2016 Soul Train Awards (From E! Online. 12 October 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- What MTV Classic Needs to Do to Survive (From Rolling Stone. 10 August 2016, 6:14 AM, PDT)
- DVD Review: Odds Against Tomorrow (From CineVue. 25 October 2016, 1:09 AM, PDT)
- David Oyelowo Is “Really Tired of Talking About Diversity” – Watch His BFI Black Star Keynote Speech on the Subject (From ShadowAndAct. 20 October 2016, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Sidney Poitier's Mister Tibbs voted best performance by black actor in public poll (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 October 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Kicks Off Joanne Release with Emotional, Star-Studded N.Y.C. Dive Bar Show (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Listen to Lady Gaga's New Album 'Joanne' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 October 2016, 9:14 PM, PDT)
- Bruno Mars Returns With New Song, Album 24K Magic (From We Got This Covered. 7 October 2016, 9:13 AM, PDT)