The 2012 Orange BAFTA Awards ceremony takes place tonight at London’s Royal Opera House, the biggest night on the British film calendar once again hosted by Stephen Fry.
Going into the usual British bias/nepotism heavy show is the surprise that a French produced movie is odds on favourite to take the top prize.
Michael Hazanavicius’ delightful silent black-and-white movie is expected to take Best Film at the 65th BAFTA ceremony tonight, with George Clooney (The Descendants) and Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady) favourites to win the best actor and best actress prizes. None of these people are British!!
This is somewhat unprecedented as back in September when Tomas Alfredson’s methodically paced adaptation of John Le Carre’s spy thriller Tinker Tailor Solider Spy hit cinemas with an outstanding all British ensemble and an astonishing performance from the much loved and under-appreciated Gary Oldman, it was hard to see »
- Matt Holmes
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Matt Damon vs. Jimmy Kimmel! The Definitive History of Their Epic Eleven-Year Feud (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2017, 8:38 PM, PST)
- ‘Bright’ Trailer: David Ayer’s New Netflix Movie Gives Will Smith a Sword (From Indiewire. 26 February 2017, 8:23 PM, PST)
- Moonlight shines at Film Independent Spirit awards on eve of Oscars (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 February 2017, 4:32 PM, PST)
- Sound Mixer Nominated for an Oscar 21 Times Finally Wins for Hacksaw Ridge (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2017, 6:38 PM, PST)
- Star Wars Fan Theory Proves E.T. Was a Jedi? (From MovieWeb. 25 February 2017, 12:14 PM, PST)
- Bryce Dallas Howard announces that production is underway on the Jurassic World sequel (From Flickeringmyth. 25 February 2017, 10:08 AM, PST)
- Pregnant Amal Clooney Stuns in Floral Look as She and George Clooney Leave Paris (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 February 2017, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Pregnant Amal and George Clooney Leave Paris Arm-in-Arm After Romantic Weekend (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2017, 1:48 PM, PST)
- "Elle" Wins the César (From FilmExperience. 26 February 2017, 12:30 PM, PST)