By Nekesa Mumbi Moody and Mesfin Fekadu, The Associated Press
-- Adele is the rare star that doesn't need multiple magazine covers, a cosmetics contract or a clothing line to sell albums. She does it all based on the strength of that sumptuous voice and those stirring songs.
That's a rarity in today's pop world, where artists are overexposed and their music often comes second to what they're promoting in tandem with it.
Adele scored an unlikely critical and commercial triumph with "21," last year's best-selling album, all based off the artistry of songs like "Rolling in the Deep" and "Someone Like You." And she'll be richly rewarded come Sunday, when the Grammys hand out their trophies at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. While Kanye West is the lead nominee with seven, Adele, who's up for six, will be the act who dominates – well, at least that's what We think. »
Similar News ItemsLady Gaga
- Viral Video Chart: Kevin Spacey, Lady Gaga and Nigella Lawson (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 December 2013, 11:33 PM, PST)
- Lady Gaga Debuts Green Hair — Cool Or Crazy? Vote (From HollywoodLife. 19 December 2013, 12:12 PM, PST)
- 10 Things About... Joseph Gordon-Levitt (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 December 2013, 8:32 AM, PST)
- Daft Punk, Willie Nelson and more to perform at Grammys (From Hitfix. 19 December 2013, 11:12 AM, PST)
- ‘X Factor’ Finale: Jeff Gutt Deserves To Beat Alex & Sierra (From HollywoodLife. 19 December 2013, 8:25 AM, PST)
- 'White Christmas': You choose the best version, in our Twelve Days of Christmas Classics -- Poll (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Surprise Staff at Chicago Pizza Place (From PEOPLE.com. 20 December 2013, 7:35 AM, PST)
- Katy Perry: Why John Mayer and I Often Don't Speak at Home (From PEOPLE.com. 20 December 2013, 7:25 AM, PST)
- Lamar Odom Blames Khloe Kardashian For His Failed Parenting (From HollywoodLife. 20 December 2013, 6:26 AM, PST)