Ben Gazzara died on February 3 of pancreatic cancer. An alumnus of the famed Actors’ Studio, he had a long career on stage, TV, and film. Not just long, but accomplished.
On Broadway, he was the original Brick in the Tennessee Williams’ classic, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and then he eclipsed that triumph with another powerful stage performance as a junkie whose habit poisons his relationship with everyone who loves him in A Hat Full of Rain.
His TV career launched in the early 1950s and extended through the next five decades. His small screen credits included roles on the landmark live drama anthologies of the 50s, such as The United States Steel Hour, Kraft Theatre, and Playhouse 90, and such acclaimed productions as cop drama A Question of Honor (1982), one of network TV’s first attempts to address the then detonating AIDS epidemic in An Early Frost (1985), and the epic mini-series, »
- Bill Mesce
Similar News Items"The View" (1997)
- Whitney Houston Movie Actress Yolanda Ross Reveals How Biopic Handles Singer’s Alleged Lesbian Relationship (From The Wrap. 22 December 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Rosie O'Donnell Says The View Often Invites a Fifth Host to "Help", Recalls First Awkward Meeting With Co-Host Nicolle Wallace (From Us Weekly. 19 December 2014, 7:37 AM, PST)
- Benji Madden Reportedly Put a Ring on Cameron Diaz, ‘The Interview’ Death Scene Leaks + More of Today’s First Dibs (From VH1.com. 19 December 2014, 6:30 AM, PST)
- 7 Murderous Holiday Horror Flicks to Enjoy This Christmas (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 December 2014, 2:38 PM, PST)
- Into the Woods review: trees fall in a forest, making one hell of a sound (From The Guardian - Film News. 17 December 2014, 6:59 AM, PST)
- Pulp Fiction 20th Anniversary Retrospective (From The Hollywood News. 5 December 2014, 4:45 AM, PST)
The Big Lebowski (1998)
- The Ultimate Gift Guide For the '90s Pop Culture Fan (From BuzzSugar. 18 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Saving Private Ryan’, ‘Lebowski’, ‘Willy Wonka’ added to National Film Registry (From SoundOnSight. 17 December 2014, 4:08 PM, PST)
- The 25 Movies The National Film Registry Has Chosen To Preserve For 2014 (From Cinema Blend. 17 December 2014, 2:24 PM, PST)