Ben Gazzara died on February 3 of pancreatic cancer. An alumnus of the famed Actors’ Studio, he had a long career on stage, TV, and film. Not just long, but accomplished.
On Broadway, he was the original Brick in the Tennessee Williams’ classic, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and then he eclipsed that triumph with another powerful stage performance as a junkie whose habit poisons his relationship with everyone who loves him in A Hat Full of Rain.
His TV career launched in the early 1950s and extended through the next five decades. His small screen credits included roles on the landmark live drama anthologies of the 50s, such as The United States Steel Hour, Kraft Theatre, and Playhouse 90, and such acclaimed productions as cop drama A Question of Honor (1982), one of network TV’s first attempts to address the then detonating AIDS epidemic in An Early Frost (1985), and the epic mini-series, »
- Bill Mesce
Similar News Items"The View" (1997)
- Rosie O'Donnell Is Returning to The View! (From Popsugar. 10 July 2014, 10:42 PM, PDT)
- Rosie O'Donnell Is Returning to The View (From Vulture. 10 July 2014, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- Whoopi Goldberg Flips Out Over View Drama: 'We Are Grown-Ass Women!' (From TVLine.com. 10 July 2014, 7:14 PM, PDT)
- Mama’s Boy: The Top 10 Mother-Son Combos in Movies (From SoundOnSight. 7 July 2014, 5:32 AM, PDT)
- You Don't Know 'Seinfeld': 25 Facts About the Legendary Sitcom (From Moviefone. 3 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Kathleen Turner Q&A as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 2 July 2014, 6:10 AM, PDT)
The Big Lebowski (1998)
- Transformers: Age Of Extinction – 19 Easter Eggs & References (From Obsessed with Film. 8 July 2014, 1:56 AM, PDT)
- The Hundred Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared Review (From We Got This Covered. 4 July 2014, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Critical Intent: Roger Ebert's Life on Film (From Rolling Stone. 2 July 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)