Veteran actor James Farentino died as a result of a broken hip, a Los Angeles coroner has ruled.
Farentino, who enjoyed recurring roles in some of America's biggest TV shows, was suspected to have died of heart failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on 24 January, but the star's cause of death has now been listed as "sequelae of right hip fracture" - an injury he sustained after falling out of bed at his California home in December, according to TMZ.com.
The exact nature of the hip complication has not been listed.
The fractured hip wasn't 73-year-old Farentino's only health problem - he also suffered from heart disease, diabetes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, a condition which makes it difficult to breathe.
Similar News Items"Dynasty" (1981)
- Publicist and Actress Patty Freedman Dies at 64 (From Variety - Film News. 24 February 2017, 5:49 PM, PST)
- TVLine Items: Scooby Dude's One of the Girls, Love Season 2 Trailer and More (From TVLine.com. 14 February 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)
- CW’s ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Casts Elizabeth Gillies in Starring Role (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 10 February 2017, 12:25 PM, PST)
- 10 Crucial George Segal Roles Beyond ‘The Goldbergs’ (From Variety - Film News. 14 February 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Gene Wilder: 12 Things You Didn’t Know About His Early Career (From Variety - Film News. 29 August 2016, 4:46 PM, PDT)
- A. Martin Zweiback, Screenwriter on Katharine Hepburn's 'Grace Quigley,' Dies at 85 (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 27 April 2016, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Oscars 2017: Sara Bareilles to Perform During 'In Memoriam' -- Why It Will Be the Saddest Ever (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 February 2017, 1:06 PM, PST)
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2017: Mary Tyler Moore, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds Honored During Touching In Memoriam (From PEOPLE.com. 29 January 2017, 6:55 PM, PST)
- Movie Poster of the Week: “Singin’ in the Rain” and 2016 In Memoriam (From MUBI. 14 January 2017, 12:03 PM, PST)