In the book of Wes Anderson film tricks, a good solid chapter could be devoted to "Shots From Above," sandwiched between say "The Many Occasions For Futura," and "Headgear." We can already imagine the chapter's cover page -- a photo of gloved hands turning to a chapter titled "Shots From Above"...a photo taken, that is, from above. Eh? Eh? Well Vimeo user kogonada has turned this conceptual chapter into a supercut. "From Above" features the hands of the Tenenbaums, Max Fischer, Mr. Fox and the rest, doing fascinating things in a generally warm golden palette. And yes, as the law of God's eye view decrees, something horrible does happen.
Wes Anderson // From Above from kogonada on Vimeo.
[via HaveYouSeenThis] »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsWes Anderson (I)
- ‘Budapest Hotel’ Still Checked Into Awards Race (From Variety - Film News. 21 November 2014, 7:26 PM, PST)
- Composer Alexandre Desplat Talks The Imitation Game, Coming to the Project Late, Finding Continuity in His Scores, His Love of Conducting, and More (From Collider.com. 20 November 2014, 10:28 PM, PST)
- Mike Nichols Remembered By Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks as ‘Irreplaceable Man’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 November 2014, 9:15 AM, PST)
Max Fischer (I)
- Listen Up Philip Review [Nyff 2014] (From We Got This Covered. 9 October 2014, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Watch ‘Mr. Petrified Forrest,’ the Debut Film By ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Helmer Matt Reeves (From FilmSchoolRejects. 7 July 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel Blu-ray Review (From TheHDRoom. 19 June 2014, 11:46 AM, PDT)