New York -- Another "Sex and the City" star has made her way to Broadway but she's brought along a different kind of cocktail.
Cynthia Nixon has a combination of the drugs Hexamethophosphacil and Vinplatin in her veins as she fights back ovarian cancer in a tight and powerful Manhattan Theatre Club production of "Wit," which opened Thursday at Samuel J. Friedman Theatre.
It is a deceptive play – seemingly so simple yet layered with nuance and self-consciousness. "I've got less than two hours. Then: curtain," quips the scholar at the top of the piece in a typically – yes, witty – line.
Similar News Items"Sex and the City" (1998)
- There's More to Justin Theroux Than Being Engaged to Jennifer Aniston (From Popsugar. 25 July 2014, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Blake Lively Reveals Best Surprise She's Ever Given Ryan Reynolds + 72 Other Fun Facts! (From TooFab. 23 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are? (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 23 July 2014, 4:01 AM, PDT)
Emma Thompson (I)
- Movie News: First Look at 'Leprechaun: Origins'; First Trailer for Sundance Smash 'Whiplash' (From Movies.com. 25 July 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Casting: Thurman, Harington, Posey, Wittrock (From Dark Horizons. 25 July 2014, 7:41 AM, PDT)
- Uma Thurman set to star alongside Bradley Cooper in 'Adam Jones' (From RealBollywood. 25 July 2014, 5:56 AM, PDT)
- Cynthia Nixon Learns Her Ancestor Was an Axe Murderer on TLC's Who Do You Think You Are? (From Us Weekly. 24 July 2014, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Watch This Tonight: Who Do You Think You Are? (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 23 July 2014, 6:21 AM, PDT)
- Holly Hunter, Jesse Eisenberg Pump Up New Group’s 20th Season; Second Stage Grabs America Ferrera (From Deadline New York. 26 June 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)