Some of you may have already heard the news, but for those who haven’t, the Associated Press reported the death of actor James Farentino earlier today. Farentino is probably most well known for his work on the show ER as the rough around the edges father of George Clooney. But those with a little bit more of a long term memory most likely recall his roles on Melrose Place and The Final Countdown.
Farentino was famous for playing characters that mirrored his own life. He was married four times and often found himself in trouble with the law including a recent battery charge. But his spirit shined in all of his roles; he was as coarse as he was sentimental. His death was the result of a heart failure.
Farentino’s career stretches back over 40 years in both film and TV, starring in starring in a couple of episodes of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, »
- Jay D.
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- George and Amal Clooney Hit the Open Road For a Ride on His Motorcycle (From Popsugar. 22 August 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Which Batman Character Would Win In The Casino (From Legions of Gotham. 22 August 2016, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- Top Ten Box Office Takeaways: Why ‘Ben-Hur’ Is Biggest Flop Among Wimpy Openers (From Indiewire. 22 August 2016, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Timeless Promo Features Many Clothes Calls as Heroes Skip Through History (From TVLine.com. 20 August 2016, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- Thomas Gibson -- Guy Who Got Me Fired Ain't So Innocent (Photo) (From TMZ. 18 August 2016, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘Homeland’ Writer Patrick Harbinson Pens Thriller ‘Fearless’ for ITV (From Variety - TV News. 16 August 2016, 10:12 AM, PDT)
"Melrose Place" (1992)
- Too Close to Home: Is Tyler Perry's TLC Drama Just Crazy Enough to Work? (From TVLine.com. 23 August 2016, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- The Flash Season 3: Vampire Diaries Vet Susan Walters Cast as Caitlin's Mom (From TVLine.com. 8 August 2016, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Amy Locane-Bovenizer, Former ‘Melrose Place’ Star, Faces More Jail Time In DUI Case (From Uinterview. 25 July 2016, 8:33 AM, PDT)