James Farentino, who appeared in dozens of movies and television shows, died Tuesday in a Los Angeles hospital. He was 73.
A family spokesman told Fox News that Farentino died of heart failure after battling a longtime illness.
A recognizable character actor, Farentino had recurring roles on "Dynasty," "Melrose Place," "The Bold Ones: The Lawyers" and "ER," playing the estranged father of George Clooney's character. He was also nominated for an Emmy in 1978 for his »
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- 7 Actors That Got Screwed Over By Comic Book Movies (From We Got This Covered. 18 October 2017, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Morelia: Toons Bookend the 15th Morelia Int’l Film Fest (From Variety - Film News. 18 October 2017, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Spotlight: Partners in Health's Celebrity Supporters (From Look to the Stars. 18 October 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Solange and Bruno Mars Lead 2017 Soul Train Awards Nominations (From E! Online. 17 October 2017, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Nancy Drew Pilot Being Developed at NBC After Failed Attempt at CBS (From TVLine.com. 16 October 2017, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- ‘ER’ Actress Says George Clooney Helped ‘Blacklist’ Her (From TVovermind.com. 16 October 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Hot Shots!: the last great spoofs (From Den of Geek. 10 October 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Your Mind Might Be Blown by How Long Martin Sheen Has Been Married (From Popsugar. 6 October 2017, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘Scandal’ And Escapism: Why It’s Hard to Watch This Fictional White House In Today’s Unreal World (From Indiewire Television. 6 October 2017, 8:22 AM, PDT)