Zoe’s continues her journey through the turbulent history of one of Hollywood’s most influential studios, as we arrive at MGM's post-war golden era. Plus, a bit of 3D, too...
As the end of World War II approached, a new world dawned for MGM – a world which had changed dramatically. Attitudes and lifestyles had changed, but most importantly audiences had changed. Here was an opportunity: MGM’s chance to start afresh. And so in 1944, MGM embarked on what would become the most successful period in its history. After the war, the slate was wiped clean.
Gone were the tired, tried-and-tested formulas, and gone were the aging names and stars, as a new unit was established at MGM. It was up to this unit, anchored by an experienced producer and made up of bright young talent, to transform MGM’s signature high-production style into something new and modern in order »
Similar News Items"Star Trek" (1966)
- Divergent review: girls just wanna do everything (From FlickFilosopher. 17 April 2014, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Ashley Bell, Clint Howard on their attraction to 'Sparks' (From Hitfix. 11 April 2014, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- QFest St. Louis to be Held April 27th – May 1st at the Tivoli – Lgbt Film Festival (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 April 2014, 9:07 PM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Jones To Star In ‘Under Milk Wood’; Marco Frazier Upped To Svp At AMC/Sundance Channel Global (From Deadline TV. 17 April 2014, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- In Honor of Ex-Spouse Day, the 6 Types of Celebrity Breakups (From PEOPLE.com. 14 April 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez honoured at GLAAD awards (From RealBollywood. 13 April 2014, 11:37 PM, PDT)
- Brett Eldredge and Jana Kramer Honor Veterans in New Ads for Macy's 'American Icons' Campaign (From PEOPLE.com. 18 April 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men': Neve Campbell on her plane ride with Don Draper (From EW.com - Inside TV. 14 April 2014, 6:42 AM, PDT)
- Five Things You'd Never Know About Bob Saget (From PEOPLE.com. 12 April 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)