Zoe’s continues her journey through the turbulent history of one of Hollywood’s most influential studios, as we arrive at MGM's post-war golden era. Plus, a bit of 3D, too...
As the end of World War II approached, a new world dawned for MGM – a world which had changed dramatically. Attitudes and lifestyles had changed, but most importantly audiences had changed. Here was an opportunity: MGM’s chance to start afresh. And so in 1944, MGM embarked on what would become the most successful period in its history. After the war, the slate was wiped clean.
Gone were the tired, tried-and-tested formulas, and gone were the aging names and stars, as a new unit was established at MGM. It was up to this unit, anchored by an experienced producer and made up of bright young talent, to transform MGM’s signature high-production style into something new and modern in order »
Similar News Items"Star Trek" (1966)
- Preview of Sherlock Holmes: The Seven-Per-Cent Solution #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 25 August 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Star Trek' Cruise Sets Sail in 2017 with William Shatner (From MovieWeb. 24 August 2015, 4:27 PM, PDT)
- First-Ever 'Star Trek' Cruise Drops Anchor in 2017 (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 August 2015, 12:48 PM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- A Unique Superstar: 20th Century Icon Garbo on TCM (From Alt Film Guide. 26 August 2015, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- First official images from American Horror Story: Hotel (From Flickeringmyth. 26 August 2015, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Robert Pattinson Becomes The Paparazzi In This 'Life' Trailer - MTV (From Twilight Examiner. 13 August 2015, 8:07 PM, PDT)
- The 31 Movies You Must See This Fall And Why (From Hitfix. 25 August 2015, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Rahway International Film Festival August 28-30, Rahway, NJ (From CinemaRetro. 24 August 2015, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- More Than 'Star Wars' Actress Mom: Reynolds Shines Even in Mawkish 'Nun' Based on Tragic Real-Life (Ex-)Nun (From Alt Film Guide. 23 August 2015, 5:18 PM, PDT)