Zoe’s continues her journey through the turbulent history of one of Hollywood’s most influential studios, as we arrive at MGM's post-war golden era. Plus, a bit of 3D, too...
As the end of World War II approached, a new world dawned for MGM – a world which had changed dramatically. Attitudes and lifestyles had changed, but most importantly audiences had changed. Here was an opportunity: MGM’s chance to start afresh. And so in 1944, MGM embarked on what would become the most successful period in its history. After the war, the slate was wiped clean.
Gone were the tired, tried-and-tested formulas, and gone were the aging names and stars, as a new unit was established at MGM. It was up to this unit, anchored by an experienced producer and made up of bright young talent, to transform MGM’s signature high-production style into something new and modern in order »
Similar News Items"Star Trek" (1966)
- William Shatner Says That He Would “Absolutely” Return To ‘Star Trek’ (From Uinterview. 5 February 2016, 10:05 AM, PST)
- Is William Shatner Open To Playing Captain Kirk Again? Here's What He Said (From Cinema Blend. 4 February 2016, 8:05 PM, PST)
- Bloodthirsty terrorists and duplicitous spies: does TV have a Muslim problem? (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 February 2016, 8:57 AM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Why Stacey Dash Is Wrong: Hollywood’s Whitewashing Tries To Paint Minorities Out (From Uinterview. 6 February 2016, 2:01 PM, PST)
- Film Society of Lincoln Center to Honor Morgan Freeman With 43rd Chaplin Award (From Indiewire. 5 February 2016, 9:54 AM, PST)
- Joseph Fiennes 'shocked' to be cast as Michael Jackson – video (From The Guardian - TV News. 5 February 2016, 2:56 AM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Michael Jackson’s Journey From Motown to Off the Wall’ (From Variety - Film News. 5 February 2016, 1:14 PM, PST)
- 10 Things We Learned From Spike Lee's New Michael Jackson Doc (From Rolling Stone. 5 February 2016, 6:26 AM, PST)
- Watch Channing Tatum's Singing Sailor in a Musical Scene From 'Hail, Caesar!' (From Movies.com. 3 February 2016, 6:00 PM, PST)