Zoe’s continues her journey through the turbulent history of one of Hollywood’s most influential studios, as we arrive at MGM's post-war golden era. Plus, a bit of 3D, too...
As the end of World War II approached, a new world dawned for MGM – a world which had changed dramatically. Attitudes and lifestyles had changed, but most importantly audiences had changed. Here was an opportunity: MGM’s chance to start afresh. And so in 1944, MGM embarked on what would become the most successful period in its history. After the war, the slate was wiped clean.
Gone were the tired, tried-and-tested formulas, and gone were the aging names and stars, as a new unit was established at MGM. It was up to this unit, anchored by an experienced producer and made up of bright young talent, to transform MGM’s signature high-production style into something new and modern in order »
Similar News Items"Star Trek" (1966)
- Pitt Former TV Co-Star Kallsen Dead at 48, Emmy Nominee Meadows dead at 95, Oscar nominee Mankiewicz dead at 93 (From Alt Film Guide. 30 April 2015, 9:25 PM, PDT)
- Michelle Obama Stuns Again in a Purple Tadashi Shoji Gown at White House State Dinner—Take a Look! (From E! Online. 29 April 2015, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- 25 underrated 1990s movie soundtracks (From Den of Geek. 28 April 2015, 3:02 AM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Richard Corliss, Time magazine film critic, dies at 71 (From SoundOnSight. 24 April 2015, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- The Simpsons' top 30 movie references (From Den of Geek. 23 April 2015, 6:10 AM, PDT)
- Michael Mann In Final Development Stages On Enzo Ferrari Biopic (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 15 April 2015, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Sid Tepper, Elvis Presley Songwriter, Dead at 96 (From The Wrap. 25 April 2015, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Veterans Wallach and Coppola - Godfather 3 in Common - Are Special Oscar Honorees (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Can Taylor Swift break Grammys curse with '1989'? (Vote in our poll) (From Gold Derby. 24 April 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)