Dorothy's dress from the Wizard of Oz and Rocky's shorts among items featured in show celebrating art of costume design
Soon after they began working on Hollywood Costume, the exhibition of film costume design which opens at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London in October, costume designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis sent her co-curator Sir Christopher Frayling two postcards.
The first was a still from Brokeback Mountain, showing Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal wearing jeans, washed-out shirts and cowboy hats. On the back she had written: "This is costume design." The second was of Audrey Hepburn wearing Givenchy couture; on the back she had written: "This isn't."
"Unfortunately, the postcards arrived in the wrong order, so it was a couple of days before I understood," recalls Frayling. "But Deborah is right, and that is the message of this exhibition."
The V&A anticipates that Hollywood Costume could be one of its most popular exhibitions, »
- Jess Cartner-Morley
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Watch: 2 New Featurettes & Poster Of Brad Pitt’s Savage ‘Fury’ (From The Playlist. 17 September 2014, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey Looks to the Stars in Another Interstellar Poster, While Brad Pitt Is Bruised in New Fury Poster (From Collider.com. 17 September 2014, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- David Fincher: Disney’s corporate culture culture killed ’20,000 Leagues’ remake (From Hitfix. 16 September 2014, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- 'Doctor Strange': Filming location and possible release date revealed (From Hitfix. 17 September 2014, 9:37 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are 'Bourne' again. Are they Hollywood's top actor/director pair? (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 17 September 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Tusk's' Justin Long on being a walrus and the 'thrill' of Johnny Depp's performance (From Hitfix. 17 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Michael Jackson (I)
- Hrithik Roshan does an Mj in Bang Bang : Trade News (From Bollywood Trade. 17 September 2014, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler Picture (From The Wrap. 16 September 2014, 4:32 PM, PDT)
- Diddy Drops $40 Mil On Sick House (From TMZ. 16 September 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)