Dorothy's dress from the Wizard of Oz and Rocky's shorts among items featured in show celebrating art of costume design
Soon after they began working on Hollywood Costume, the exhibition of film costume design which opens at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London in October, costume designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis sent her co-curator Sir Christopher Frayling two postcards.
The first was a still from Brokeback Mountain, showing Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal wearing jeans, washed-out shirts and cowboy hats. On the back she had written: "This is costume design." The second was of Audrey Hepburn wearing Givenchy couture; on the back she had written: "This isn't."
"Unfortunately, the postcards arrived in the wrong order, so it was a couple of days before I understood," recalls Frayling. "But Deborah is right, and that is the message of this exhibition."
The V&A anticipates that Hollywood Costume could be one of its most popular exhibitions, »
- Jess Cartner-Morley
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- World War Z Sequel Finds Its Director (From GeekTyrant. 11 December 2013)
- Juan Antonio Bayona Will Direct ‘World War Z’ Sequel (From LatinoReview. 10 December 2013, 9:25 PM, PST)
- Brad Pitt’s Plan B to Move From Paramount to New Regency, RatPac (From The Wrap. 10 December 2013, 7:10 PM, PST)
- From Doctor Who to American Psycho: Matt Smith and other actor rebrands (From The Guardian - TV News. 10 December 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
- From Doctor Who to American Psycho: Matt Smith and other actor rebrands (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 December 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Transcendence Gets An Intriguing Plot Synopsis (From We Got This Covered. 10 December 2013, 1:35 PM, PST)
Michael Jackson (I)
- Why I've finally quit watching 'The Voice' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 10 December 2013, 1:10 PM, PST)
- Macaulay Culkin: a life in music (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 December 2013, 9:47 AM, PST)
- Michael Jackson's Doctor's Involuntary Manslaughter Appeal Scheduled (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 December 2013, 7:33 AM, PST)