Universal will mark its 100th anniversary in 2012, and will commemorate its centennial with a yearlong celebration honoring the studio's rich film history and cultural legacy. The campaign draws its inspiration from Universal's extraordinary and diverse library of films, many of which will be highlighted throughout the year, and is designed to engage fans of all ages in the art of moviemaking.
A significant element of the centennial includes the extensive restoration of 13 of the studio's most beloved titles such as To Kill a Mockingbird, All Quiet on the Western Front, Jaws, The Sting, Out of Africa, Frankenstein and Schindler's List.
Universal Studios Home Entertainment will kick off the celebration in January with a special 50th anniversary release of To Kill a Mockingbird, debuting on Blu-ray for the first time ever. Throughout the year, Universal will pay tribute to other influential films in the Universal library with special events and Blu-ray »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Halle Berry to launch TV production company (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 4:40 PM, PST)
- Top 5 Movie Cars of All Time (From HeyUGuys. 8 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Fifty Shades' producer not yet in sequel mode (From Hitfix. 7 March 2014, 10:41 PM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- First Dumb and Dumber To Reviews are Extremely Positive (From Worst Previews. 8 March 2014, 4:52 AM, PST)
- Watch Jon Hamm's Face Go From Don Draper to Goofball in No Time (From BuzzSugar. 7 March 2014, 5:02 PM, PST)
- Charlize Theron Lines Up 'Everything Nice,' Idris Elba Joins 'The Jungle Book' & More (From The Playlist. 7 March 2014, 11:31 AM, PST)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Set Visit: The Russo Brothers bring gritty action to 'Captain America 2' (From Hitfix. 6 March 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)
- 10 Hugely Underrated Fantasy TV Shows From The Last Decade (From Obsessed with Film. 6 March 2014, 12:22 PM, PST)
- Funky Trailer for Lego The Hobbit - Buddy-Up (From GeekTyrant. 6 March 2014, 11:30 AM, PST)