Jan. 12 — Feb. 11
Opening reception: Jan. 12, 6:00 p.m.
Elizabeth Dee Gallery
545 West 20th St.
New York, NY 10011
Hosted by: Elizabeth Dee Gallery
Legendary British underground filmmaker Jeff Keen will finally have his first ever solo exhibition in the U.S. at the Elizabeth Dee Gallery in New York City from Jan. 12 to Feb. 11. The opening night reception will be on Jan. 12 at 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The exhibition will include both Keen’s paintings and films. Keen has created an extensive and highly influential body of work over his prolific career in England. However, he is not as well-known outside of his home country.
Keen’s film work is typically frenetically paced using stop frame animation and in-camera editing, and filled with pop culture imagery mixed along with radical political themes. His style has also always been amazingly way ahead of its time. According to the Elizabeth »
Similar News ItemsDerek Jarman
- Lumière Festival: Walt Disney’s ‘Alice Comedies’ Being Restored, Distributed by France’s Malavida (From Variety - Film News. 14 October 2016, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- The storyteller's tale by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 2 September 2016, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Goings On | Rohmer, Mamoulian, Makhmalbaf (From Keyframe. 11 August 2016, 8:49 AM, PDT)
John F. Smith
- Daily | Tony Conrad, 1940 – 2016 (From Keyframe. 10 April 2016, 7:09 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Tony Conrad, 1940 – 2016 (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 10 April 2016, 7:09 AM, PDT)
- "A Matter of Visibility" at First Look 2016 (From MUBI. 22 January 2016, 9:38 AM, PST)
Jeff Keen (I)
- The 52nd Ann Arbor Film Festival: A Family Gathering (From MUBI. 30 May 2014, 6:36 AM, PDT)
- 2013 London Underground Film Festival: Official Lineup (From Underground Film Journal. 13 November 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Festival radar: Cine-City, Brighton (From The Guardian - Film News. 3 January 2013, 7:24 AM, PST)