Blu-ray & DVD Release Date: Feb. 21, 2012
Price: DVD $29.95, Blu-ray $34.95
Studio: Kino Lorber
The colorful "No Wave" cinema movement is explored in Blank City.
The 2010 documentary Blank City chronicles the “No Wave” and “Cinema of Transgression” film movements that emerged in New York City in the late 1970s and early 1980s, a time of cheap rent, excessive drug use and unbridled ambition.
In the movie, first-time director Celine Danhier examines the rise of the D.I.Y. independent filmmaking trend and its roots in the punk music, avant-garde art and cult cinema of the era.
In addition to a slew of archival footage, the film features new and vintage interviews with such filmmakers as Jim Jarmusch (Stranger Than Paradise), Nick Zedd (Geek Maggot Bingo), Lizzie Borden (Born in Flames), Amos Poe (Alphabet City) and John Waters (Desperate Living), performance artists Ann Magnusum and Lydia Lunch, actor Steve Buscemi (TV’s Boardwalk Empire »
Similar News Items"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)
- Poster and teaser trailer for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (From Flickeringmyth. 9 October 2015, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies trailer is exactly what you'd expect it to be (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 9 October 2015, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- HBO TV Show Ratings (updated 10/7/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 October 2015, 9:05 PM, PDT)
- Time Out Of Mind – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 October 2015, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Bob’s Burgers’ Renewed by Fox for Seasons 7 and 8 (From The Wrap. 7 October 2015, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Hotel Transylvania 2 reaches $150 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 5 October 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: This Stunning Supercut Sequel Contrasts the First and Final Shots of Your Favorite Films (From Indiewire. 7 October 2015, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- Q&A: Just Jim director Craig Roberts (From Flickeringmyth. 2 October 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Artforum, La Furia Umana, Bordwell (From Keyframe. 1 October 2015, 7:22 AM, PDT)