Original writers John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein have signed deals to write the sequel, with stars Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudeikis all expected to return. The studio is also in talks with director Seth Gordon to helm the sequel.
The comedy, which only cost $35 million to make, became a surprise summer hit, earning $117 million at the domestic box office and $209 million worldwide. The story followed three friends (Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudeikis) who are all sick of being mistreated by their bosses, and band together to kill their employers, one by one.
It isn't known when New Line is aiming to get this sequel into production, but it seems that all of the pieces are falling into place rather quickly.
Horrible Bosses was released July 8th, »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Aniston
- The L.A. Hotels Where Celebs Stay, Celebrate and Kick Back and Count Their Trophies During Awards Season (From PEOPLE.com. 21 February 2017, 10:53 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: 'Big Little Lies' Author Liane Moriarty on the Power of Reese Witherspoon and That Twist Ending (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 February 2017, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Brad Grey in Talks to Leave as Paramount Pictures Chairman (From Variety - Film News. 17 February 2017, 1:56 PM, PST)
- Five Michael Shannon Performances To Watch (From Flickeringmyth. 19 February 2017, 7:20 PM, PST)
- Encore: ‘Moonlight’ Star Mahershala Ali On Responsibility To The Material And Encouraging Steps Forward In Hollywood (From Deadline. 17 February 2017, 2:15 PM, PST)
- Stephen Colbert Remakes 'The Usual Suspects' With Trump and Putin (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 15 February 2017, 5:45 PM, PST)
- ‘Zootopia’s Jason Bateman On Pic’s “Medicine Goes Down Easy” Approach To Conveying A Pertinent Message (From Deadline. 17 February 2017, 12:40 PM, PST)
- ‘Pitch’ Star Kylie Bunbury Joins Jason Bateman’s Comedy ‘Game Night’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 16 February 2017, 3:21 PM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Fist Fight’ (From Variety - Film News. 16 February 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)