With the main cast returning for J.J. Abrams‘ Star Trek sequel, all eyes are glued on what newcomers will board the Enterprise. We have Alice Eve and Peter Weller, with Carlos star Edgar Ramirez the villain favorite, after Benecio del Toro dropped out. Variety now reports another actor to join the ensemble.
Abrams has brought on British actor Noel Clarke, most famous for his recent supporting role in BBC’s Doctor Who. His specific role here is unknown, but will Clarke will play “a family man with a wife and young daughter.” The only thing I’ve seen Clarke in would be Neil Marshall’s bloody epic Centurion, a small stand-out alongside Michael Fassbender in the throw-away blockbuster.
The actor has also found success in his home country, writing and directing such indies as 220.127.116.11 and Adulthood, but his participation here will clearly mark his biggest film yet. Plot details are still under wraps, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (thefilmstage.com)
Similar News ItemsNoel Clarke
- BAFTA Rising Star Awards: 5 Reasons Why Danny Dyer Gets Our Vote (From Obsessed with Film. 13 December 2013, 6:48 AM, PST)
- Saving Santa Review (From The Hollywood News. 28 November 2013, 5:13 PM, PST)
- 'Doctor Who' - 'The Day of the Doctor': 5 things Whovians would love to see (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 22 November 2013, 11:34 AM, PST)
- Watch Julius Onah's Moving Focus Features Africa First Short Film 'Big Man' (From ShadowAndAct. 19 December 2013, 2:52 PM, PST)
- Bradley Cooper reveals he hated his time on 'Alias' (From Hitfix. 19 December 2013, 2:45 PM, PST)
- 'Gilligan's Island' getting a movie - 10 of the best and worst TV shows on the big screen (From Pop2it. 18 December 2013, 7:30 PM, PST)
- X2 screenwriters working on X-Men: Apocalypse with Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2013, 11:09 PM, PST)
- Really Cool: Host Ellen Surrounded by Tuxedoed Dancers in Oscar 2014 Musical Number/Trailer (From Alt Film Guide. 19 December 2013, 6:36 PM, PST)
- The Geek Beat: Spider-Skepticism, Crossover Concerns & More Questions That Bother Us About New Geek Movies (From Movies.com. 19 December 2013, 6:00 PM, PST)