Today, the existence of "Paranormal Activity 4" was announced -- not so shocking considering the franchise’s hefty popularity with fall crowds.
The most recent installment completed a rough trilogy, which begs the question of what a further film could touch upon that wouldn’t feel trite or done. Audiences may be sick of Micah and Katie by this point, and the series’ trademark found footage look hasn’t received any serious updates. It could be time for a serious rejuvenation, which is why we came up with this list of some directors we wish would get hired.
Carpenter hasn’t directed a well-received horror movie in a while -- not since 1995’s "In the Mouth of Madness," or if you’re more cynical, 1988’s "They Live." But he’s still the master of the genre, having established films like "Halloween” and "The Thing” with long, haunting shots down abandoned hallways and dark streets, »
- Jeremy Gordon
Similar News ItemsM. Night Shyamalan
- Exclusive: Hear 2 Tracks By Composer Charlie Clouser From This Week's Episode Of 'Wayward Pines' (From Indiewire Television. 26 May 2015, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Hear 2 Tracks By Composer Charlie Clouser From This Week's Episode Of 'Wayward Pines' (From The Playlist. 26 May 2015, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Wayward Pines Has the Most Consistently Confusing Universe on TV (From TVovermind.com. 26 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
John Carpenter (I)
- The Best B-Movies of the 21st Century (From CinemaNerdz. 26 May 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- The unlikeliest action star: Kurt Russell in the 80s (From SoundOnSight. 23 May 2015, 8:59 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Pollyanna McIntosh on Let Us Prey (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2015, 1:28 AM, PDT)
The Last Airbender (2010)
- M. Night Shyamalan defends Avatar: The Last Airbender (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2015, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Honest Trailer For 'Jupiter Ascending,' A Space Opera That Makes Less Sense Than 'Battlefield Earth' (From The Playlist. 21 May 2015, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- Wayward Pines, Ep. 1.01, “Where Paradise Is Home” a familiar take on the unfamiliar setting (From SoundOnSight. 14 May 2015, 6:30 PM, PDT)