This year's Golden Globe nominations have been announced with The Weinstein Company's "The Artist" scoring the most nods with six. Combined with numerous other wins from various critics associations, the black-and-white silent film has become the clear front runner in the run-up to the Oscars.
Not far behind at the Globes are "The Descendants" and "The Help" which both scored five, while "The Ides of March," "Midnight in Paris" and "Moneyball" got four. All the above mentioned also got Best Picture nominations, joined by "War Horse" and "Hugo" in the drama category along with "50/50", "Bridesmaids" and "My Week with Marilyn" in the comedy/musical section. Also of note is that Ryan Gosling scored nominations for Best Actor in both drama ("The Ides of March") and comedy ("Crazy Stupid Love"). Big shockers were the lack of nominations for both "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close".
Over in »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Justice League producer discusses Joss Whedon’s involvement (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Can ‘Game of Thrones’ Beer Dull the Pain of Season 7 Delay? (Video) (From The Wrap. 26 May 2017, 1:12 PM, PDT)
- Game Of Thrones Cast Discuss What A Stark Family Reunion Could Be Like (From LRM Online. 26 May 2017, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Chris Cornell Burial Service Draws Hundreds of Celeb Friends and Fans (Photos) (From TMZ. 26 May 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- David Fincher: Discover The Hidden Visual Effects in His Greatest Films — Watch (From Indiewire. 26 May 2017, 2:37 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt, Rock Greats Mourn Chris Cornell at Funeral (From The Wrap. 26 May 2017, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- What to Know About Bikram Choudhury, the Hot Yoga Founder Found Civilly Guilty of Sexual Harassment (From PEOPLE.com. 25 May 2017, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber Think Pal George Clooney Will "Do Just Fine" as a New Dad (From E! Online. 25 May 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Arrest Warrant Issued after Hot Yoga Founder Allegedly Fled U.S. Without Paying $7M Lawsuit (From PEOPLE.com. 25 May 2017, 12:37 PM, PDT)