Actor/director Ed Burns is already planning next Christmas - he's making a holiday film for the end of the year.
The Saving Private Ryan star is working on a new movie called Fitzgerald's Family Christmas, which he insists will be like his cult directorial debut The Brothers McMullen, but set during the holidays.
Burns tells WENN, "It's about a big Irish Catholic family out on Long Island. Mike McGlone from The Brothers McMullen is in it. It's seven adult siblings from Long Island and their parents got divorced when they were kids and the father now wants to return to the family's home for Christmas dinner.
"Half of the siblings still love him and half of them hate him and want nothing to do with him. The mother hates the father most of all and refuses to have him over for Christmas and the family has to figure out a way to convince the other siblings and their mom to let dad spend Christmas with them."
And Burns admits the story is a familiar one for him: "I know enough funny Christmas stories that deal with families that I was able to pull enough funny incidents out of it."
Similar News ItemsEdward Burns (I)
- TNT Trailers: An Action-Packed Lineup (From SoundOnSight. 14 May 2014, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Here Are the New TNT and TBS Shows (From Vulture. 14 May 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- TNT trailers: 'Public Morals,' 'Proof,' 'The Librarians,' more (From EW.com - Inside TV. 14 May 2014, 7:40 AM, PDT)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- See Reddit users’ favorite movie from each year (From SoundOnSight. 2 September 2014, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- The movies that made me: Jamie Blackley on Control, Joaquin Phoenix (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 August 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Directors' Trademarks: Steven Spielberg (From Cinelinx. 26 August 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)
The Brothers McMullen (1995)
- Indie Spotlight (From DailyDead. 13 July 2014, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- The Jersey Devil Comedy Gets its First Trailer (From Cinelinx. 8 July 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- My First Time in Variety: Connie Britton Looks Back to 1995 (From Variety - Film News. 13 June 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)