Michael Martin: How would you describe the past few years?
Freida Pinto: I end up laughing about it. You always dream of something magical happening, and when it happens to you, it's almost difficult to accept that it actually happened. At the same time, you can't take yourself too bloody seriously in life, otherwise you're going to dig your own grave. Everybody comes up with this term lucky-"Oh, she's so lucky." Even though I was lucky, I had a lot of struggle before that. I said I was going to give up everything at age 25 and get into event management because nothing was going for me. I used to have a lot of nervous breakdowns.
Martin: You went on a lot of auditions before Slumdog, and you weren't getting anywhere. How did you push through that?
Pinto: I'm glad things happened the way they happened. I needed to be rejected, »
- By Michael Martin Photography Mark Segal
Similar News ItemsFreida Pinto
- The Apes Are Mad as Hell and They're Not Going to Take It Anymore: 'Dawn' Teaser Released (From Alt Film Guide. 19 December 2013, 5:33 PM, PST)
- Caesar Looks Angry In New "Dawn of The Planet of The Apes" Trailer (From TooFab. 18 December 2013, 6:44 AM, PST)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes trailer premieres - watch video (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 December 2013, 5:58 AM, PST)
Michael Martin (V)
- Wedding match-up: Lauren Bush & David Lauren vs Kate Middleton & Prince William (From Pop2it. 4 September 2011, 9:24 PM, PDT)