It's been a long process trying to bring the "300" sequel, "300: Battle of Artemisia," to the big screen, but now there's some renewed life in the project. The first casting decision involves the titular character Artemisia, and apparently director Noam Murro has finally found the woman he wants for the role.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Eva Green has entered into negotiations for the part. Rumor has it that Artemisia is the central character of the story, even though it has been casting some male leads. Artemisia is the goddess who manipulates main character Xerxes (allegedly still being played by Rodrigo Santoro) into battle against the Spartans.
The other actor rumored to be involved in the film is Joel Edgerton, who is in talks to play Themistocles. He isn't locked down yet, though, so Green might be the first official actor in the movie if she ends up taking the role. »
- Terri Schwartz
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- Ralph Fiennes To Receive Empire Legend Award (From EmpireOnline. 27 March 2015, 3:45 AM, PDT)
- Ralph Fiennes, Voldemort in ‘Harry Potter,’ to Receive Empire Award (From Variety - Film News. 27 March 2015, 3:41 AM, PDT)
- Ralph Fiennes to receive Empire Legend award (From ScreenDaily. 27 March 2015, 3:13 AM, PDT)
Eva Green (I)
- Interview: Spring Directors Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 March 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Peculiar Children casting news (From ScreenTerrier. 23 March 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Eric Cantona to play synchronised swimmer in comedy The Mermaid Man (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 March 2015, 6:22 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: New Movies From Pixar, Woody Allen Expected at 68th Film Festival (From Variety - Film News. 26 March 2015, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- New Projects: Patty Hearst, ‘Barbershop 3′, and a Lego spinoff (From SoundOnSight. 26 March 2015, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Joel Edgerton directing debut titled The Gift (From ScreenDaily. 25 March 2015, 8:29 PM, PDT)