It's been a long process trying to bring the "300" sequel, "300: Battle of Artemisia," to the big screen, but now there's some renewed life in the project. The first casting decision involves the titular character Artemisia, and apparently director Noam Murro has finally found the woman he wants for the role.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Eva Green has entered into negotiations for the part. Rumor has it that Artemisia is the central character of the story, even though it has been casting some male leads. Artemisia is the goddess who manipulates main character Xerxes (allegedly still being played by Rodrigo Santoro) into battle against the Spartans.
The other actor rumored to be involved in the film is Joel Edgerton, who is in talks to play Themistocles. He isn't locked down yet, though, so Green might be the first official actor in the movie if she ends up taking the role. »
- Terri Schwartz
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- Test Your Animation Smarts with This Ray Harryhausen Quiz (From Thompson on Hollywood. 4 August 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Alex Reviews The Death Of Superman Lives – A Must-See For Any Superhero Movie Fan (From Obsessed with Film. 4 August 2015, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- Welcome Back, Tom Cruise: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Reminds Us He's One of the Few Remaining True Movie Stars (From E! Online. 3 August 2015, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- How did 'The Gift's Gordo know I'm a Clippers fan? (From Hitfix. 4 August 2015, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Watch Jason Bateman confront his past in clips from new thriller The Gift (From Cineplex. 4 August 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: 'The Gift' (From CineVue. 4 August 2015, 6:03 AM, PDT)
Eva Green (I)
- Hollywood Agencies Work With European Counterparts as Global Talent Pool Grows (From Variety - Film News. 31 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 Sh*tty Sequels That Could Be Heading Our Way (From Obsessed with Film. 30 July 2015, 1:46 AM, PDT)
- Tim Burton Unveils 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Logo (From MovieWeb. 24 July 2015, 8:36 AM, PDT)