Everything looks bigger on an IMAX screen, and Disney is pairing the very big big-screen premiere of "John Carter" with an equally big poster.
The new image features "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" actor Taylor Kitsch as John Carter, battling two of the giant white apes that populate Mars (or "Barsoom," as it's known to its inhabitants). In Edgar Rice Burroughs' original series of Barsoom novels, the apes were a race of semi-intelligent, savage creatures that inhabited many of the less-populated areas of the planet and were a constant source of danger in the wild.
Disney's upcoming "John Carter" movie is adapted from Burroughs' series, and tells the story of a Civil War veteran who is transported to Mars and inherits great powers from the planet's atmosphere. He soons finds himself caught up in yet another war -- this time, between the planet's green- and red-skinned Martians.
"John Carter" stars Kitsch as the title character, »
- Rick Marshall
Similar News ItemsSpider-Man (2002)
- Joe Russo on the rumours of the X-Men joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe (From Flickeringmyth. 26 August 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Has Potential To Be Best Spidey Movie Yet, According To Anthony Russo (From We Got This Covered. 26 August 2016, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner Takes on Animated Family Movie Arctic Justice (From MovieWeb. 24 August 2016, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Kitsch Will Try to Start World War III in ‘American Assassin’ (From Slash Film. 23 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- A Lesson of the ‘Ben-Hur’ Debacle: Movie Stars Still Matter (From Variety - Film News. 20 August 2016, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Kitsch joins Dylan O’Brien and Michael Keaton in American Assassin (From Flickeringmyth. 18 August 2016, 5:15 PM, PDT)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- Malaysia rallies international team for 'Tombiruo' (From ScreenDaily. 25 August 2016, 2:46 AM, PDT)
- Malaysia rallies international team for 'Tombirou' (From ScreenDaily. 25 August 2016, 2:46 AM, PDT)
- X-Men Spinoff Gambit Loses Director Doug Liman to DC (From MovieWeb. 24 August 2016, 2:03 PM, PDT)