Everything looks bigger on an IMAX screen, and Disney is pairing the very big big-screen premiere of "John Carter" with an equally big poster.
The new image features "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" actor Taylor Kitsch as John Carter, battling two of the giant white apes that populate Mars (or "Barsoom," as it's known to its inhabitants). In Edgar Rice Burroughs' original series of Barsoom novels, the apes were a race of semi-intelligent, savage creatures that inhabited many of the less-populated areas of the planet and were a constant source of danger in the wild.
Disney's upcoming "John Carter" movie is adapted from Burroughs' series, and tells the story of a Civil War veteran who is transported to Mars and inherits great powers from the planet's atmosphere. He soons finds himself caught up in yet another war -- this time, between the planet's green- and red-skinned Martians.
"John Carter" stars Kitsch as the title character, »
- Rick Marshall
Similar News ItemsSpider-Man (2002)
- The Week in Spandex - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Ant-Man, X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Wonder Woman and more (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- More Spoilers From "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" (From SneakPeek. 21 December 2013, 7:55 AM, PST)
- 'Between Two Ferns' holiday edition with Samuel L. Jackson, Tobey Maguire and Arcade Fire (From Pop2it. 18 December 2013, 1:45 PM, PST)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- ‘X2′ Scribes Plot An ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ (From The Hollywood News. 19 December 2013, 8:03 AM, PST)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Ender’s Game (From Disc Dish. 18 December 2013, 5:28 AM, PST)
- Ender's Game Blu-ray Trailer (From MovieWeb. 16 December 2013, 11:50 AM, PST)
- Emotional Lone Survivor Featurette - Real Heroes (From GeekTyrant. 20 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Win Lone Survivor Movie Tickets - Guaranteed Seating (From CineMovie. 20 December 2013)
- Peter Berg and Marcus Luttrell Talk Lone Survivor, Cast and Crew Dedication, Making the Movie for the Right Reasons, Honoring Lives Lost, and More (From Collider.com. 19 December 2013, 1:10 PM, PST)