With sustenance running short, people start to look around for new things to eat.
Food opens with a striking montage, scattered scenes and crisp sound work building to a powerful, stark, title. Stark is apposite, but the real strength is in its construction.
Jonathan van Tulleken's direction is assured, helped by Christian Contreras' script. It is not without its weak spots, nor is it treading ground uncovered by others, but it is a strong and well-executed piece. As part of Channel Four's 2011 Coming Up Scheme, it's got a great cast, good production work from folk like »
- Andrew Robertson
Similar News Items"Coming Up" (2003)
- David Hyde Pierce Has ‘No Idea’ Whether He’ll Be Back on The Good Wife (From Vulture. 15 April 2015, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney’s Smokehouse Pictures Acquires Film Rights to ‘Three Minutes to Doomsday’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 April 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Hamptons International Film Festival Announces 14th Annual Screenwriters' Lab (From Indiewire. 8 April 2015, 1:54 PM, PDT)
Channel Four [gb]
- Mark Kermode interview: critics, star ratings, Joe Cornish, PR (From Den of Geek. 28 January 2015, 11:42 AM, PST)
- Catastrophe: as beautifully rommy as it is swaggeringly commy (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 January 2015, 3:13 AM, PST)
- Constantine Season 1 Episode 5 Review – ‘Danse Vaudou’ (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2014, 11:17 AM, PST)
Jonathan van Tulleken
- Grand Electric Revving Up With Jacob Jaffke (From Variety - Film News. 22 January 2015, 1:23 PM, PST)
- 'Subconscious Password' Takes Grand Prize at New York International Short Film Fest; Complete List of Winners Announced (From Indiewire. 30 May 2014, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- The 2014 Annual Razzie Awards (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 3 March 2014, 11:25 AM, PST)