More prominent for making vampires fashionable well before The Twilight Saga, Anne Rice will soon see her Jesus novel Christ The Lord: Out Of Egypt adapted for the big-screen. Chris Columbus’ 1492 Pictures will produce the story of a 7 year-old Jesus, whose journey from Egypt to Nazareth eventually leads to young boy discovering who he is, how he came to be and what the world will expect from him. The news of the adaptation comes at the time of year when the world prepares to celebrate his birth or more important for the kids – when Santa comes!
The Stoning Of Soraya M director Cyrus Nowrasteh will adapt from a screenplay he co-wrote with Betsy Nowrasteh, who was brought to the project from Anne Rice herself. The author has seen her works Interview With The Vampire and Queen Of The Damned previously adapted to the big-screen.
Source: Variety »
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsChris Columbus
- Mongrel International signs 'Menashe' deals for France, Australia, Canada (From ScreenDaily. 8 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)
- A24 acquires Sundance entry 'Menashe' (From ScreenDaily. 31 January 2017, 12:46 PM, PST)
- A24 Acquires Sundance Drama ‘Menashe’ in First Foreign-Language Buy (From Indiewire. 31 January 2017, 11:16 AM, PST)
Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)
- Interview: on Jungle Book's live-action aping Visual Effects (From FilmExperience. 20 February 2017, 9:35 AM, PST)
- Science of Scares: Adrenaline, Arousal & Sexy Reactions to Scary Movies (From DailyDead. 14 February 2017, 4:06 PM, PST)
- Westworld Actress Thandie Newton In Talks To Join The Cast Of The Young Han Solo Movie (From ComicBookMovie. 10 February 2017, 2:43 PM, PST)
Anne Rice (I)
- The erotic thrillers that followed Basic Instinct’s success (From Den of Geek. 30 January 2017, 9:46 AM, PST)
- Anne Rice Taking The Vampire Chronicles to TV (From QuietEarth. 5 January 2017, 3:46 PM, PST)
- ‘Underworld: Blood Wars’ Underwhelms Critics Around the Globe: 7 Worst International Reviews, So Far (From The Wrap. 5 January 2017, 10:42 AM, PST)