In 2003, actor Jeremy Renner co-starred in what could have been the beginning of a franchise with S.W.A.T. Almost a decade later and after appearing in independent and lower-budgeted fare like The Hurt Locker and The Town (both of which earned Renner Academy Award nominations), Renner is in four established or potential franchise movies — Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Avengers and The Bourne Legacy.
As Renner explained to ComingSoon, being a part of so many franchises was not something the actor anticipated.
I never went after a big franchise. I never went after a big action movie. They just sort of kind of manifested in a way... It started off by me saying, "Why not be in a movie that will play all over the world, but that still has something that I can do in it? Why not?" It was kind of impossible for me »
- Ryan Gowland
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- The Most Surprising Celebrity Sex Confessions (From Popsugar. 27 December 2014, 4:09 AM, PST)
- Watch Emily Blunt Do One Of The Best Tom Cruise Impressions We've Ever Seen (From Cinema Blend. 26 December 2014, 1:31 PM, PST)
- Katherine Waterston cast as female lead in Steve Jobs biopic (From National Ledger. 24 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 'Agent Maria Hill' Covers "Maxim" (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:16 PM, PST)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - Official Website (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:42 AM, PST)
- New Avengers 2 The Vision’s Appearance Details Revealed By Director Joss Whedon (From OnTheFlix. 27 December 2014, 9:38 AM, PST)
- 'Tusk' Review (From MoreHorror. 27 December 2014, 6:40 PM, PST)
- 5 Most Overlooked Movies of 2014 (From MovieWeb. 24 December 2014, 10:40 AM, PST)
- Jeremy Renner's Next Bourne Movie Has Big Problems (From Cinema Blend. 23 December 2014, 11:17 AM, PST)