Simon Moore on 2012's potential cinematic highlights...
2011 is almost over. This is a fact. Calendars will back me up on this. So sooner or later you will have to deal with this. Films for the rest of this year look to be the sticky, syrupy Christmassy sort. We are now scraping the bottom of the barrel. Unless of course Happy Feet Two happens to change the face of cinema forever with its gritty reboot of penguin dance crazes.
Not holding my breath.
So, 2012 is where we look to now; where the promise of new films that may or may not sound credibly entertaining still holds true. Behold, I offer you some films to possibly maybe get excited about in the year ahead...
The Pirates! In an Adventure With Scientists (a.k.a The Pirates! Band of Misfits)
Released 28th March
Probably the most fun »
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Kristen Stewart Not Endorsing Nike, Still Famous For Her Signature Converse (From E! Online. 11 March 2014, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- Uma Thurman In Talks For American Ultra (From We Got This Covered. 8 March 2014, 3:39 AM, PST)
- Casting Net: Charlize Theron to produce, possibly star in 'Everything Nice'; Plus, Uma Thurman, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 7 March 2014, 4:55 PM, PST)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Podcast: 'True Detective', 'Game of Thrones', DVDs, Blu-rays and Reading Perverted Plot Descriptions (From Rope Of Silicon. 11 March 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- From Slacker to Sunshine – The Sundance Success Stories (From HeyUGuys. 10 March 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- 13 Long-Delayed Film Projects We Wish Would Get Made Already (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 3:29 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Ben Mendelsohn: 'I don't do talky-talky chummy-chummy' (From The Guardian - Film News. 11 March 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie's Mistress of All Evil featured on new Maleficent posters (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- 24: Live Another Day Releases New Promo Teaser (From AreYouScreening. 10 March 2014, 8:12 AM, PDT)