*a screener of this film was provided by Video Services Corp.
Director: Lance Kawas.
Writer: Mark Bierlein.
Restitution is an indie neo-noir thriller that is set in Detroit, Michigan where anything can happen. And that anything is Tom Arnold playing an ex-Marine sharpshooter. As well, the protagonist gets to kill two thugs while meandering around the crime scene. Should someone arrest him? Also, there are dubious detectives, a damsel in distress and a phony corporation who likes to deal in nose candy rather than legit' products. All of these plot elements create for a very enjoyable time in a neo-noir world.
The plot takes awhile to build momentum as two characters flirt across a bar. Their romance is short lived as Bryan Spikes, an investigator, finds his boss to be a little too demanding. Soon, Bryan is heading over a bridge with a chain collar. A year passes and a »
- email@example.com (Michael Allen)
Similar News ItemsTom Arnold (I)
- ‘The Legend of Kung-Fu Rabbit’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 25 July 2014, 3:01 AM, PDT)
- 10 Comics to Watch: Greg Poehler’s Standup Is Huge in ‘Sweden’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 'True Lies' (1994) - Best Movies #5 (From Rope Of Silicon. 15 July 2014, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- TV on Tap: “Orphan Black” Gets a Third Season, Gina Gershon to Match Wits with Watson on “Elementary” and Stevie Nicks Becomes a “Voice” Mentor (From The Backlot. 10 July 2014, 4:50 AM, PDT)
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Community' survives. Television dies? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: Who will be the villains in 'Batman V Superman'? (From Hitfix. 4 July 2014, 11:07 PM, PDT)
Michael Allen (IV)
- WWE Studios Terrorizes the Woods with Barricade (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 30 August 2012, 9:53 PM, PDT)
- After the Dawn of Ww III with Remnants: First Trailer (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 30 August 2012, 6:54 AM, PDT)
- Supernova Unveils the Cast for Psychological Thriller The Awakened (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 27 August 2012, 2:19 PM, PDT)