Jaime Pressly is returning to TV comedies.
The "My Name Is Earl" actress has joined CBS' pilot that was previously under the working title "Livin' on a Prayer," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The comedy by "How I Met Your Mother" team Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, joined by Kourtney Kang and Joe Kelly, stars Kyle Bornheimer as Tommy, who's been dating Gina for a while and is thinking of taking the next step.
Pressly will play a veterinarian who works with Tommy at the zoo.
She won a best supporting actress Emmy for her role as Joy Turner on NBC's now defunct "Earl."
In other pilot casting news:
Michael Rapaport is toeing "The Line" for ABC. He »
Similar News Items"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- Watch Neil Patrick Harris's First Oscar Promo (From PEOPLE.com. 26 December 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- The Biggest TV Disappointments of 2014 (From TVovermind.com. 24 December 2014, 9:56 AM, PST)
- The 5 Best New Year's Eve Kisses From Our Favorite TV Shows (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 5:28 PM, PST)
"Happy Endings" (2011)
- Friends Countdown: A History of Shows Being Compared to Friends (From Vulture. 26 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Happy Endings Star Eliza Coupe Gets Married Christmas Eve in New Zealand—See the Wedding Ring (From E! Online. 24 December 2014, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Eliza Coupe Marries Fiance Darin Olien in Christmas Eve Wedding (From Us Weekly. 24 December 2014, 9:49 AM, PST)
- 4 Things Movies Taught Us In 2014 (From SoundOnSight. 21 December 2014, 7:20 AM, PST)
- 'Flash' Casts 'Mad Men' Star as Captain Cold's Sister (From MovieWeb. 16 December 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: ‘Real World’ Creator Jonathan Murray On Show's Changes, Remembering Diem Brown (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 December 2014, 3:48 PM, PST)