This is a big year coming up for Jeremy Renner. He has a major role in the upcoming "Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol," is one of the titular superheroes in "The Avengers" and is also launching a new branch of the Jason Bourne franchise. The latter is arguably his biggest project in the future, and the one we know least about. Fortunately, he dished some pretty big details in a recent interview.
When promoting "Ghost Protocol" with Empire magazine, Renner shared that his character in "The Bourne Legacy" will be named Aaron Cross, at least to start. "He ends up having a bunch of different names. For fans of the franchise, [The Bourne Legacy] has that same ticking clock, but it's a new programme and new characters," he said. "It's that same deal, it's just a new set of agents with a different leash.
Check out the rest of today's casting news after the jump! »
- Terri Schwartz
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- Who or What Are the Skrulls, the Villains in ‘Captain Marvel’? (From The Wrap. 24 July 2017, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2017, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- It Appears Joss Whedon Is Getting A Co-Director Credit On Justice League (From ComicBookMovie. 24 July 2017, 3:38 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Vault’ Trailer: James Franco Turns A Heist Into Horror (From The Playlist. 25 July 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Zoey Deutch joins Johnny Depp in Richard Says Goodbye (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Today in Movie Culture: Movies in the Movies, 'The Disaster Artist' vs. 'The Room and More (From Movies.com. 19 July 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
Chris Evans (V)
- Jenny Slate Tells Chris Evans He Would Have Been a ''S--t Boyfriend'' in Gifted's Deleted Scene (From E! Online. 25 July 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Poster Attempts to Contain the Entire Marvel Cinematic Universe (From Collider.com. 24 July 2017, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Marvel officially releases its Avengers: Infinity War triptych poster (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2017, 2:35 AM, PDT)