After alternating playing Victor Frankenstein and the Creature for each performance of a three-month run at the National Theatre, Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller have been rewarded jointly with the best actor prize at the UK's longest-running theatre awards.
The judges for the 2011 London Evening Standard awards said it would have been "invidious not to recognise both actors" for what were memorable performances in Frankenstein, the Danny Boyle-directed production.
One role involved two hours in makeup and getting naked on stage to play Frankenstein's creation; the other, that of the egomaniac scientist himself, did not.
Although the awards have been running since 1955, Cumberbatch and Miller are the first to share the best actor award, jointly following in some illustrious footsteps – the first recipient was Richard Burton for Henry V, followed by Paul Scofield, »
- Mark Brown
Similar News ItemsBenedict Cumberbatch
- Sdcc: Marvel unveils Comic-Con poster for Avengers: Infinity War (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Sherlock Co-Creator Hints At What The Future Holds For Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sleuth (From We Got This Covered. 20 July 2017, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: ‘Sherlock’ EPs Tease Another Season Of Benedict Cumberbatch-Led Series, Maybe (From Deadline TV. 20 July 2017, 12:51 PM, PDT)
Stephen Fry (I)
- The Great Indoors: Is the CBS TV Series Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two? (From TVSeriesFinale. 18 July 2017, 8:31 PM, PDT)
- DVD Review – The Hippopotamus (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 7 July 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Win The Hippopotamus on Blu-ray signed by Stephen Fry (From HeyUGuys. 3 July 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Spacey, and Michelle Williams Join Year-End Oscar Fray (From Thompson on Hollywood. 19 July 2017, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Spacey, and Michelle Williams Join Year-End Oscar Fray (From Indiewire. 19 July 2017, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Elizabeth Healey (From The Cultural Post. 18 July 2017, 11:21 PM, PDT)