Back in September we brought you the news when director J.J. Abrams (Super 8) officially signed on to helm the forthcoming sequel to the 2009 blockbuster, Star Trek. Just last week, we told you that Abrams was expected to offer the a mysterious villain role in the as yet Untitled Star Trek Sequel to actor Benicio Del Toro (Savages).
Now, THR reports that Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman said Thursday during his company’s quarterly earnings call that J.J. Abrams is “focused on developing the next installment of our Star Trek franchise” for a potential release in 2013. You may remember back in July that Paramount Pictures shifted the release date of the Star Trek sequel from its original June 29th, 2012 release date to the ambiguous and dateless fourth quarter of 2012 or summer 2013. Now I guess we can bet on the latter slot being more likely.
If Trek 2 opens in the summer of »
- Jason Moore
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tron 3 Was Canceled Before the Script Was Finished (From MovieWeb. 23 October 2017, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Win ‘The Mummy’ On DVD! On 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ & DVD Now (From The Hollywood News. 23 October 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Win! The Mummy DVDs and Dark Universe boxsets! (From Den of Geek. 23 October 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Castle Rock cast and creators talk about new Stephen King series (From Flickeringmyth. 23 October 2017, 4:10 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Castle Rock and It star Bill Skarsgård hasn’t met Stephen King yet (From Flickeringmyth. 23 October 2017, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- Review: Michael Giacchino At 50, Live At The Royal Albert Hall (From The Hollywood News. 22 October 2017, 11:46 PM, PDT)
- New images from Justice League released (From Flickeringmyth. 23 October 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Cyborg Takes Point In Three New Stills For Justice League; Zack Snyder Shares Bts Pic (From We Got This Covered. 23 October 2017, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Justice League Runtime Revealed, And It’s Surprisingly Short (From We Got This Covered. 22 October 2017, 1:37 PM, PDT)