Australian film Last Dance has begun production in Melbourne.
Directed by David Pulbrook, principle photography began on Monday in and around St Kilda, Melbourne.
The film is Pulbrook’s debut feature film. Pulbrook has had a long history as an editor, beginning his career in the 60s working on episodes of Homicide and Division 4. He’s since edited Gillian Armstrong’s Smokes and Lollies, Kevin Dobson’s Squizzy Taylor, Michael Pattinson’s Street Hero and Ground Zero which he won an AFI for. Most recently he edited Simon Wincer’s The Cup.
Pulbrook said of his film: “Last Dance digs beneath the stereotypes to reveal the basic humanity of the two principle protagonists and transcends the tragedy of their pasts and speaks of optimism, possibilities and tolerance. We were careful not to »
- Colin Delaney
Similar News ItemsKiller Elite (2011)
- First Word on Riddick Sequel. Watch Vin Diesel Dance! (From Dread Central. 28 January 2014, 1:43 PM, PST)
- New Riddick Viral Offers a Map to the Stars (From Dread Central. 23 January 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Win the Unrated Director’s Cut Blu-ray Combo Pack of Riddick (From Comicmix. 10 January 2014, 11:41 AM, PST)
Screen Australia [au]
- IFC Midnight Acquires The Babadook (From MovieWeb. 26 January 2014, 10:12 PM, PST)
- Sally Caplan to join Screen Australia as head of production (From ScreenDaily. 4 December 2013, 3:22 AM, PST)
- Scroz names Sally Caplan as head of production (From IF.com.au. 3 December 2013, 4:19 PM, PST)
- Paz Vega, Carmen Maura Head Down Under With Jim Loach (From Variety - Film News. 20 February 2014, 4:00 AM, PST)
- First Image: Russell Crowe’s Helming Debut ‘The Water Diviner’ (From Variety - Film News. 1 February 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Nomadic Jessica embraces Cut Snake (From IF.com.au. 26 November 2013, 8:27 PM, PST)