Your film is world premiering at SXSW. Your A-list starlets are in attendance. Best of all, the movie's playing extremely well to the crowd at Austin's Paramount Theater. And then, two-thirds through the film, the projector malfunctions and the packed house is staring at an empty screen. What's a filmmaker to do when unforeseeable disaster strikes his film premiere?
If you're Sebastian Gutierrez, you put on a brave face, step onto the stage, and hold an impromptu Q&A session while staffers furiously try to fix the snafu. That's just what he did Sunday night at SXSW when a technical issue interrupted his Women in Trouble sequel Elektra Luxx a little more than an hour into the film, and while those in attendance would have liked to have seen how it ended (they didn't get to), Gutierrez's effort and good nature won the crowd over.
More from the premiere and red carpet after the jump. »
- Jen Yamato
Similar News ItemsElektra Luxx (2010)
- Watch the First 10 Minutes of Hotel Noir with Malin Åkerman, Rufus Sewell & Danny DeVito (From HeyUGuys. 9 October 2012, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks About The Dark Knight Rises Ending (From ShockYa. 16 August 2012, 4:12 AM, PDT)
- Bitchen 3D Rendering of Anne Hathaway As Catwoman (From ShockYa. 5 August 2012, 4:14 AM, PDT)
Sebastian Gutierrez (I)
- Laurence Fishburne Starring In ‘The Signal’ (From Variety - Film News. 9 May 2013, 3:19 PM, PDT)
- Indie films plug in to people power (From The Independent. 1 December 2012)
- News Shorts: November 16th 2012 (From Dark Horizons. 16 November 2012, 11:32 AM, PST)
Women in Trouble (2009)
- Deadpool Director Tim Miller To Helm Adaptation Of Joe Haldeman's Seasons (From Cinema Blend. 14 November 2012, 6:28 PM, PST)
- ‘Hotel Noir’ Trailer Drips with Black and White Indie Sensuality (From FilmSchoolRejects. 27 September 2012, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Director Sebastian Gutierrez Continues His Streak of Wasting Incredible Casts In Awful Films (From JustPressPlay. 28 August 2012, 2:13 PM, PDT)