The Indiana Jones actor took on the lead role in the cult 1982 film, based on a Philip K. Dick novel, playing a retired detective hired to track down a group of androids passing themselves off as human.
Scott recently revealed he is working on a sequel, but he has now confirmed Blade Runner will be back with a whole new cast.
The director tells the Wall Street Journal the project is moving forward "not with the past cast, of course," and when asked whether Ford's character of Rick Deckard will feature, Scott replies, "No, not really."
Similar News ItemsRidley Scott
- ‘Flashman’ Movie in the Works at Fox (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 4 March 2015, 6:06 PM, PST)
- Tom Hooper And Eddie Redmayne’s The Danish Girl Secures Fall Release Date (From We Got This Covered. 4 March 2015, 12:33 PM, PST)
- "I don't feel like a sci-fi icon" Sigourney Weaver on Alien, Ghostbusters, Avatar (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 March 2015, 1:30 AM, PST)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Steven Spielberg's Cold War Thriller Has a Title, 'Bridge of Spies,' and the Director Has a Full Slate (From Thompson on Hollywood. 4 March 2015, 8:05 AM, PST)
- New rumours of Luke Skywalker’s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and flashback sequences (From Flickeringmyth. 2 March 2015, 5:36 AM, PST)
- 'Star Wars 7' Flashback and Luke's Role Revealed? (From MovieWeb. 28 February 2015, 11:10 AM, PST)
Blade Runner (1982)
- What 'Blade Runner 2' Can Learn From Successful Sci-Fi Sequels (From The Playlist. 4 March 2015, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Chappie's Dev Patel and director Neill Blomkamp go behind the science of sentient robots (From Cineplex. 4 March 2015, 8:47 AM, PST)
- House of Cards: Ep. 3.01 to 3.06 show new sides to old characters (From SoundOnSight. 3 March 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)