You heard it here first folks, Conan the Barbarian used to get stuffed into lockers. Okay, okay, I’m joking, but Jason Momoa, the actor who will be playing the legendary warrior in Marcus Nispel’s 2011 film, did get his fair share of bullying when he was younger.
In a wide-ranging interview with the Des Moines Register, Momoa talks about his experiences growing up as a “little hippy kid from Iowa,” his introduction to Hollywood as a cast member of Baywatch, and his thoughts on taking up the legendary mantle of Arnold Schwarzenegger to play the mighty Conan.
While the article is chock full of interesting details about Momoa’s life (enough to make even the most ardent Momoa-haters sort of like the guy), we here at Screen Rant are most interested in details on Conan’s progress. To this end, the article featured a number of interesting new nuggets to pore over. »
- Rob Frappier
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- Emilia Clarke and Brie Larsen front runners for Sarah Connor in Terminator reboot (From Flickeringmyth. 4 December 2013, 10:55 PM, PST)
- 5'3" Kevin Hart to star with 6'8" LeBron James in 'Twins'-style comedy 'Ballers' (From Hitfix. 4 December 2013, 6:00 PM, PST)
- LeBron James and Kevin Hart Star as Brothers in Ballers (From Collider.com. 4 December 2013, 5:37 PM, PST)
- Dubai Film Festival Dedicated to Local Core (From Variety - Film News. 4 December 2013, 8:20 AM, PST)
- Micro-News: Christian Bale On Role Selection After The Tdk Trilogy, DC All Access Renewed (From ComicBookMovie. 4 December 2013, 5:10 AM, PST)
- Zoe Saldana: "It's very hard being a woman in a man's world" (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 December 2013, 6:49 AM, PST)
- Team Top Ten: Oscar's Greatest Losers (Actor Edition) (From FilmExperience. 4 December 2013, 9:14 AM, PST)
- The top 25 underappreciated films of 2001 (From Den of Geek. 4 December 2013, 1:17 AM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein Planning ‘Sin City’ Television Series (From The Hollywood News. 3 December 2013, 12:57 AM, PST)