Cast your mind back to the first X-Men movie released in 2000 and you will recall how Rogue and Wolverine were introduced to Xavier's school and an existing team of mutants.
The film hinted at the earlier divide that had occurred between the Professor and his old friend Magneto, but we didn't see those events nor the founding of the school and how Cerebro or the hi-tech X-jet came to be.
Filling in those gaps in our knowledge and understanding is X-Men: First Class, the 2011 blockbuster which hits stores on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK tomorrow (Monday, October 31).
With its smart storyline, innovative action and the layers of heart, soul and humanity added to the superhuman characters, it was easily the most powerful of this year's comic book offerings at the cinema. An aptly-named First Class entry in the franchise.
Set in 1962, the plot sees concentration camp survivor Erik Lensherr »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Jennifer Lawrence’s ‘Mockingjay’ Hitting $300 Million in U.S. (From Variety - Film News. 26 December 2014, 11:31 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Visits Children’s Hospital on Christmas Eve (From Variety - Film News. 26 December 2014, 11:14 AM, PST)
- 'Conscious Uncoupling' and 7 Other Big Splits of 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 December 2014, 10:52 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence tops Hollywood’s highest-grossing stars of 2014 (From Flickeringmyth. 26 December 2014, 12:12 PM, PST)
- Celebrities Celebrate Christmas on Instagram (From VH1.com. 26 December 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Taylor Swift Celebrates Christmas Eve With Hugh Jackman Before Receiving Her First Cat-Approved Gift (From E! Online. 24 December 2014, 3:16 PM, PST)
- Top 5 Stories of 2014 – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 26 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Friday, December 26 - Pinocchio, Cool Runnings (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Friday, December 26 - The Avengers, Monsters Inc (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)