Actress Salma Hayek is refusing to undergo ankle surgery after tearing two ligaments in her right foot.
The Mexican beauty has been spotted wearing a bandage on her ankle throughout the past year and she's now opened up about the mysterious injury that prompted the support for the first time, confessing she made a clumsy miss-step while getting ready for a FIFA World Cup party in July, 2010.
But the die-hard soccer fan was so eager to catch the final match, she refused medical treatment because she couldn't bear the thought of watching the game in hospital.
During an appearance on U.S. programme The Late Show With David Letterman on Monday, she explained, "I broke two ligaments last year during the World Cup... I was actually in my bathroom, barefoot. I was not skiing or playing soccer. I don't know how you twist an ankle and I broke two ligaments. But I had to make it to my friend's (house) because I had run out of electricity in my house, everything was going wrong that day, and finally I made it to watch the game between Spain and Holland... I should have gone to the hospital but I was not going to miss that soccer game.
"So instead I went there and then I put ice (on it). I didn't take good care of my ankle. And now every six months, when I need it the most, something happens again... They wanted me to do the surgery, and I don't (want to)."
And Hayek admits she's regretting her decision to ignore the pain because the injury has had long-lasting complications, revealing she was even forced to pull out of a movie earlier this year.
She added, "Six months ago I was going to play this prostitute on this French movie, and of course she was a stripper also, so she needed the big high heels. Two days before we start... I twist it. And the worst part about it is, you cannot wear heels."
Similar News Items"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)
- Stephen Colbert Compares Trump’s Nuclear Plan to the Cold War (From TVovermind.com. 25 February 2017, 3:19 AM, PST)
- Emmy Awards Add Music Supervision, Reality Series Casting Categories (From Variety - TV News. 24 February 2017, 10:28 AM, PST)
- Late-night TV hosts on Trump's golf habit: 'He's the Tiger Woods of hypocrisy' (From The Guardian - TV News. 24 February 2017, 8:19 AM, PST)
- Friendly Exes! Backstage Boozin’! Here’s What You Didn’t See on TV at the 2017 Oscars (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2017, 9:31 PM, PST)
- Cookies and Doughnuts! Jimmy Kimmel Makes It Rain Carbs at the Oscars (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2017, 9:15 PM, PST)
- 89th Oscars On the Red Carpet (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 February 2017, 6:27 PM, PST)