Sure, The Oscars are what everyone pays attention to, but over the past few years, the awards known as The Gotham Awards have become more and more influential, and more and more intriguing.
With last year’s winner Winter’s Bone becoming the indie darling of last year’s awards season, it remains to be seen as to what this year’s award darling will be, but we know who it may very well end up being. The nominees for this year’s awards have been revealed, and they are not only interesting, but even have a big time Criterion connection amongst them.
Obviously the biggest winners here are the films The Descendants and Martha Marcy May Marlene, both of which walk away with the most nods respectively. Terrence Malick’s Tree Of Life is up for Best Feature, as is one of this writer’s other favorite 2011 releases, Steve James’ The Interrupters. »
- Joshua Brunsting
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Inside Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Budget Wedding—It Was Practically Free! (From E! Online. 28 August 2014, 7:37 PM, PDT)
- See How Angelina Jolie Transformed From Hollywood Bad Girl to Blushing Bride (From Popsugar. 28 August 2014, 6:01 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Wedding Details - What Did the Kids Do? (From National Ledger. 28 August 2014, 5:29 PM, PDT)
- Venice Film Review: Ramin Bahrani’s ‘99 Homes’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 August 2014, 5:46 PM, PDT)
- 14 Celebs With Unusual Pets (From Popsugar. 28 August 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Married - New Details! (From Popsugar. 28 August 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian's $5,000 Facial Popular with Demi Moore and Gwyneth Paltrow, Too (From National Ledger. 20 August 2014, 9:39 PM, PDT)
- Celebrity Homes - Bruce Willis Sells mansion for $16.5 Million (From National Ledger. 19 August 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- Jamie Dornan Is Officially on Instagram (From Popsugar. 18 August 2014, 12:50 PM, PDT)