The Big Fix raises concerns over Obama administration's use of toxic chemical Corexit and Bp's leverage in the crisis
It's not every film that sets off on a mini-road trip with Peter Fonda, only to veer off into a night-vision goggle surveillance of a Bp facility.
But then, the events of last year's Bp oil disaster have so far been largely revisited in books, not documentaries. Until now, when a new documentary about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill has its premiere at the New Orleans film festival.
The Bix Fix, by Josh and Rebecca Tickell, re-opens some of the most persistent questions about last year's oil spill. How Bp was able to exert so much control over the crisis as it unfolded? What were the long-term health consequences of using a toxic chemical, Corexit, to break up the oil and drive it underwater?
Rebecca Tickell herself had a serious »
- Suzanne Goldenberg
Similar News ItemsPeter Fonda (I)
- Cannes Buzz Titles: What’s Hot at This Year’s Market (From Variety - Film News. 12 May 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Veterans Wallach and Coppola - Godfather 3 in Common - Are Special Oscar Honorees (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- From Actor to "Action!", Exploring the Debuts of 19 Actors-Turned-Directors (From Rope Of Silicon. 21 April 2015, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- 13 Films to sell 'Every Good Boy Does Fine' (From ScreenDaily. 5 May 2015, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- Pump documentary review: it’s a gas (From FlickFilosopher. 26 January 2015, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Nick Cave, Terry Gilliam, Kevin Smith Films Among 14 Specialty Debuts (From Deadline. 18 September 2014, 8:05 PM, PDT)
The Big Fix (2012)
- Film Review: ‘Pump’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2014, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- GoDigital Secures New Funding From Preferred Ventures (From Indiewire. 3 August 2012, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- DVD Release: The Big Fix (From Disc Dish. 3 May 2012, 2:41 PM, PDT)