The Big Fix raises concerns over Obama administration's use of toxic chemical Corexit and Bp's leverage in the crisis
It's not every film that sets off on a mini-road trip with Peter Fonda, only to veer off into a night-vision goggle surveillance of a Bp facility.
But then, the events of last year's Bp oil disaster have so far been largely revisited in books, not documentaries. Until now, when a new documentary about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill has its premiere at the New Orleans film festival.
The Bix Fix, by Josh and Rebecca Tickell, re-opens some of the most persistent questions about last year's oil spill. How Bp was able to exert so much control over the crisis as it unfolded? What were the long-term health consequences of using a toxic chemical, Corexit, to break up the oil and drive it underwater?
Rebecca Tickell herself had a serious »
- Suzanne Goldenberg
Similar News ItemsPeter Fonda (I)
- Ron Perlman Joins NBC's "Blacklist" (From Dark Horizons. 16 November 2014, 9:48 PM, PST)
- Leigh Chapman, Screenwriter on ‘Dirty Harry Crazy Mary,’ Dies at 75 (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 November 2014, 5:21 PM, PST)
- Leigh Chapman, Actress and Screenwriter, Dies at 75 (From Variety - TV News. 11 November 2014, 8:23 PM, PST)
- Nick Cave, Terry Gilliam, Kevin Smith Films Among 14 Specialty Debuts (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 8:05 PM, PDT)
- Zurich unveils 2014 line-up (From ScreenDaily. 11 September 2014, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- Pump documentary trailer explores the fuel crisis and its solutions (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 July 2014, 9:22 AM, PDT)
The Big Fix (2012)
- Film Review: ‘Pump’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2014, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- GoDigital Secures New Funding From Preferred Ventures (From Indiewire. 3 August 2012, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- DVD Release: The Big Fix (From Disc Dish. 3 May 2012, 2:41 PM, PDT)