Could Lars von Trier have finally destroyed his own career?
Every week is Lars von Trier week – especially if you're Lars von Trier. But the Danish director, normally so adept at winding up the press and film industry, may have finally put his foot irretrievably in it, have gone that bit too far, gone off the deep end once too often. When he made a crack at Cannes back in May about how he could "understand" Adolf Hitler, I bet he didn't think he'd be fielding questions from the Danish police five months later.
But that is what happened last Wednesday, according to a statement issued by von Trier himself. He said his local bobbies were acting on a "preliminary charge" issued by French prosecutors after his Cannes press conference. Even now, it's not clear if von Trier himself has the full story: the French authorities have »
- Andrew Pulver, Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Shave Jared Leto's Beard (From TooFab. 21 August 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Movie Moments: Proclamations of Love through the Medium of Song (From HeyUGuys. 21 August 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Katie Holmes Back to Work - Daughter Suri Cruise Caused Slow Down in Roles? (From National Ledger. 20 August 2014, 6:16 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Frank Miller on Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy (From GeekTyrant. 21 August 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt on the state of Sandman (From Den of Geek. 20 August 2014, 11:17 PM, PDT)
- Trailer Trashin’: Christopher Nolan Launches Into Space with Interstellar (From CinemaNerdz. 20 August 2014, 9:27 PM, PDT)
- Om Puri & Helen Mirren tantalise your tastebuds in culinary drama The Hundred-Foot Journey (From Bollyspice. 21 August 2014, 6:09 AM, PDT)
- Liam Neeson heading to Zurich (From ScreenDaily. 21 August 2014, 3:39 AM, PDT)
- 'Don't Say No Until I Finish Talking,' TCM's Doc on Top Hollywood Producer Richard D. Zanuck, Heads to DVD (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 August 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)