Lumley reveals she is not a fan of cell phones, after noticing how much they interfere with everyday activities, and would rather write letters to her friends than fire off a text message.
She tells Britain's Woman & Home magazine, "I really much prefer cards or letters to texts. How much lovelier is a letter than a crackly voicemail message?
"I hate seeing mothers talking on a mobile as they're pushing a pushchair - they have cut themselves off from interacting with their baby.
"And I loathe it in the theatre when, during the interval, people rush to their pockets and pull out their mobiles to send texts. You wonder if there's any point performing to them."
Similar News Items"Absolutely Fabulous" (1992)
- Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie Review (From HeyUGuys. 1 July 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie review (From Den of Geek. 30 June 2016, 3:53 AM, PDT)
- ‘Absolutely Fabulous The Movie 2’ could happen says Jennifer Saunders (From The Hollywood News. 30 June 2016, 12:19 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 1 July 2016, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Celia Imrie: five best moments (From The Guardian - Film News. 1 July 2016, 2:43 AM, PDT)
- 'Ab Fab' beats 'Independence Day' sequel in UK buzz chart (From ScreenDaily. 1 July 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)