Hollywood heart-throb Zac Efron made waves in Australia on Tuesday after hundreds of screaming fans invaded a Sydney beach to watch the star's surfing lesson.
But the Oakley’s Learn to Ride surf session, in aid of the OneSight Foundation, was disrupted by legions of Efron's teenage fans, who took to the sands to glimpse their idol.
Security teams erected metal barriers around the beach in a bid to hold back the swelling crowd, but the fans burst through and surged onto the sand as a dozen bodyguards attempted to shield the star from the attentions, according to News.com.au.
But despite the security fears, Efron still enjoyed 30 minutes in the water with the surf pros.
Similar News ItemsZac Efron
- Ryan Reynold’s ‘Selfless’ Moved Into 2015 (From Variety - Film News. 6 December 2013, 4:27 PM, PST)
- Jon Stewart on Black Friday: Nothing Says Christmas Like Stabbings (Video) (From The Wrap. 3 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Emma Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch & More: 13 Brits We Loved In 2013 (From TheFabLife - Movies. 3 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
High School Musical (2006) (TV)
- ‘Nurse 3D’ Trailer Teases Erotic Thrills and Bloody Kills on Valentine’s Day (Video) (From The Wrap. 6 December 2013, 8:54 AM, PST)
- Paz De La Huerta Wants Katrina Bowden in Official Nurse 3D Trailer (From Horror Asylum. 6 December 2013)
- Corbin Bleu's Dancing With The Stars Blog: Reflections On The Season (From Access Hollywood. 3 December 2013, 6:20 PM, PST)
- Rose Byrne, Asher Keddie, Natalie Imbruglia up for Instyle’s Women of Style awards (From Encore Magazine. 11 March 2012, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Zac Efron Makes a Splash Down Under (From PopStar. 23 February 2010, 11:18 AM, PST)
- Beachley loses engagement ring in harbour (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 January 2010, 12:11 AM, PST)