Much of the new Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand is famously shot using green-screen technology, where sets and backgrounds are not "real," but are instead created by CGI.
So what of the other much-talked-about aspect of the series, the show's vaunted sex scenes and female and male nudity? How real are those?
First, ask yourself: do you really want to know? But if you're not worried about it spoiling the illusion, read on!
Some of the nudity is absolutely "real." Those really are Lucy Lawless's breasts, and many of the extras are obviously really naked.
But some of it is also, well, the magic of television.
Lawless made a big impact at the Television Critics Association conference in July when she told reporters she'd been fitted for a "merkin," or pubic wig -- a red one at that. »
Similar News ItemsLucy Lawless
- ‘The Flash’-‘Supergirl’ Duet: 10 Musical Episodes That Paved the Way (Videos) (From The Wrap. 21 March 2017, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- New Ash Vs Evil Dead Season 3 Cast Member Revealed (From DailyDead. 3 March 2017, 7:44 PM, PST)
- Get The Look: Go Red 2017 Lucy Lawless’ Nicole Miller Dress (From Uinterview. 11 February 2017, 6:17 PM, PST)
"Spartacus: War of the Damned" (2010)
- Production kicks off on ABC drama ‘Pulse’ with Claire van der Boom in lead (From IF.com.au. 12 March 2017, 6:48 PM, PDT)
- 'Wolf Creek' star Dustin Clare joins newly re-titled 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' (From IF.com.au. 5 March 2017, 5:21 PM, PST)
- Mick Taylor Returns in Wolf Creek: Season One, Coming to DVD This March (From DailyDead. 10 January 2017, 7:30 AM, PST)