Madonna directed her first feature "Filth and Wisdom" in 2008 and will co-write "W.E." with Alex Keshishian, director of her 1991 documentary "Truth or Dare." Madonna will also reportedly get the best screenwriter in the business to polish the final script as well as hire the best first Ad in the business to help her call the shots.
Bessie Wallis Warfield first met the Prince of Wales in the 1930's, becoming his lover while still married to her second husband, businessman Ernest Simpson.
Matters came to a head when Edward became king in 1936 followed by Simpson filing for divorce from her husband. But the royal family and the British government would not allow Edward to marry her.
In the meantime, Edward's pro-German, »
- Michael Stevens
Similar News ItemsMadonna
- Exclusive Video: Country Star Ty Herndon Comes Out as Gay (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 November 2014, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Country Star Ty Herndon: 'I'm an Out, Proud and Happy Gay Man' (From PEOPLE.com. 20 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Ty Herndon, Country Singer, Comes Out as Gay: "I Get to Be Free Today" (From Us Weekly. 20 November 2014, 7:25 AM, PST)
- UK Producers Liza Marshall, Kris Thykier Launch Archery Pictures (From Deadline New York. 29 September 2014, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- Marshall, Thykier Set Up Film and TV Production House Archery Pictures (From Variety - TV News. 29 September 2014, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- 8 Stars Toronto Could Do Without at Tiff (From Moviefone. 2 September 2014, 2:10 AM, PDT)
Duke of Windsor
- The Best and Worst Onscreen Versions of the Royal Family (From BuzzSugar. 3 September 2014, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- Madonna to Direct Adaptation of 'Beautiful' Book 'Ade: A Love Story' (From Rolling Stone. 26 March 2014, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Madonna Will Direct 'Adé: A Love Story,' Is Desperately Seeking a Screenwriter (From Moviefone. 26 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)