Cyclops may not always have been given his due in the X-Men movies but he's never been forgotten by fans.
The character - a mutant whose eyes emit blasts that can be controlled only by a special visor - made an appearance at the 2011 International Comic Convention, held this past weekend at the Holiday Inn, Birmingham.
Scottish writer Mark Millar pulled out of the event - now in its sixth year - because of ill health.
But, in addition to the hordes of fans dressed as their favourite heroes, there were plenty of other publishers, writers and artists gathered at the venue, including Chris Sprouse who made his debut appearance at a UK comic-con.
Speaking to our Birmingham sister paper The Sunday Mercury, Sprouse explained it took him and his wife Xan two days to travel from Columbus, Ohio, as planes were grounded when Hurricane Irene threatened the American east coast. »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsBryan Singer
- Movie Review – Doomed! The Untold Story of Roger Corman’s The Fantastic Four (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Mfr Explores The Dceu's Road To Ruin: Column #4 (From LRM Online. 21 November 2016, 12:14 PM, PST)
- Justice League May Feature Another Surprise Character (From LRM Online. 18 November 2016, 3:16 PM, PST)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
- Exclusive: Watch Lucas Till threaten Grant Harvey with gun in Sins of our Youth (From Monsters and Critics. 2 December 2016, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Tom Cruise's The Mummy Looks Terrifying: 5 Best Moments From the Teaser Trailer (From E! Online. 1 December 2016, 8:23 AM, PST)
- Logan and X-23 Escape an Explosion in Latest Wolverine 3 Photo (From MovieWeb. 23 November 2016, 8:39 AM, PST)
- ‘X-Men’ Live-Action TV Series in Development at Fox (From Variety - Film News. 26 January 2015, 11:19 AM, PST)
- 24 Things We Learned from the ‘X-Men’ Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 May 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Sundance: Bryan Singer, Tracy Chapman, Leonard Maltin, ‘Prometheus’ Writer Join Juries (From The Wrap. 9 January 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)