Release Date: Sept. 27, 2011
Price: DVD $24.98
First-time director Pierre Thoretton crafts a tribute to legendary fashion icon Yves Saint Laurent in the 2010 documentary L’Amour Fou. The film examines Laurent’s relationship with his friend, business partner and years-long companion Pierre Bergé.
Upon Yves Saint Laurent’s death in 2008, Bergé decided to sell their private art collection, a sale considered to be “the auction of the century.” Each object and art piece — many of which are examined in this movie — seems to tell a story about their personal lives.
Filled with rare material archives and exclusive images of Laurent and Bergé’s homes, L’Amour Fou (a French expression that roughly translates into “crazy love” in English) played film festivals around the world, including the Tribeca Film Festival in New York. The documentary »
Similar News ItemsYves Saint-Laurent
- Susan Lucci: All My Children Creator Agnes Nixon 'Was All I Hoped to Be' (From TVLine.com. 28 September 2016, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Gucci Mane and Harmony Korine to Re-Team on ‘The Trap’ Alongside Benicio del Toro, Al Pacino and James Franco (From Indiewire. 26 September 2016, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- The Search for Family in ‘There Will Be Blood,’ Harmony Korine’s New Ad, Music of ‘Twin Peaks’ & More (From The Film Stage. 21 September 2016, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- ‘Saint Laurent’ Review: France’s Academy Submission Is Disappointing Oscar Bait (From The Wrap. 7 May 2015, 5:17 PM, PDT)
- Saint Laurent | Review (From ioncinema. 4 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Timbuktu,’ ‘Sils Maria,’ ‘Saint Laurent’ Vie for French Cesar Glory (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2015, 2:36 AM, PST)
- How 'Yves Saint Laurent' Reveals the Problem With Biopics of Artists (From Indiewire. 24 June 2014, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Berlin Film Review: ‘Yves Saint Laurent’ (From Variety - Film News. 10 February 2014, 6:45 AM, PST)
- TWC Sews Up Jalil Lespert’s Yves Saint Laurent Biopic (From ioncinema. 21 March 2013, 5:00 PM, PDT)